Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Little OT any 912 owners out there?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
I think I might have found a great project car. A 67 912 soft window targa biggrin.gif

It was restored in the mid 80's, but now has set for 3 yrs since owner passed away and wife doesn't really want it. I have only seen a few pictures as it is 3+ hours away from me, but if it is a solid car that needs a little TLC and I get the green light from the wife, well I just might get it. They are asking $4k.

So any 912 soft window targa owners on the board here?
Cap'n Krusty
If it's not rusty, you can double your money in a week. HOWEVER, even early 900s from dry states are rust prone. Look at the front suspension mounting points (and under the battery!), the floor, and the rear torsion bar mounting areas. Look also for rust bubbles under the paint (doors, quarter panels, corners of the body near the windows, etc.). The Cap'n
zymurgist
The buckets under the rear seats have a tendency to collect water and rust out, even on non-targa cars... and as far as I know, the bucket sheet metal has not been offered by any reproduction vendor.
McMark
agree.gif At $4k, buy it. You'll be way ahead of the game.
SGB
I WANT IT!
scotty b
QUOTE(McMark @ May 15 2008, 09:09 AM) *

agree.gif At $4k, buy it. You'll be way ahead of the game.

agree.gif Werd and all. Soft window targas are bringing good money. Even if it is a 912 rolleyes.gif Dog legs on front fenders, door latch panel, and gas tank/suspension mount metal in front also need to be checked
TravisNeff
avoid the horn button, put it in a box and send it to me laugh.gif
Joe Bob
Why ask us? If it's in 1/2 way decent shape, it's a deal.....
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(!Wet Spot! @ May 15 2008, 07:07 PM) *

Why ask us? If it's in 1/2 way decent shape, it's a deal.....

I know its a deal, wasn't asking If I should by it. Just wondering if there was any 912 owners here.

I did talk to the owner and got a few more details. It was restored in the late 80's it was parked 12 yrs ago in the family garage / barn because daughter didn't want to drive it to college. Since it has sat for so long and the daughter really isn't interested in it, her mother has decided to sell it. I am #2 in line for it dry.gif First guy has until Monday to bring the $$ and get it. So stay tuned.

Joe Bob
Wave money in her face....jump up and down and say...I'm HERE!!!!! Take my money......

Post pics, good luck....
Rav914
$4K is a steal. Unless it's sitting on its torsion tube because of massive rust, it's worth a ton more. I've had two 912's and a '67 911S soft window. Make sure, if you can, because beggars can't be choosers, that it has all of its soft window hardware. That stuff is super rare and difficult ($) to obtain. If you have any specific questions I may be able to help. Let me know and good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.