Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Remove FI to get to engine tin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
I have a FI engine out of my car and I want to pull the engine tin off to clean around the cylinders, what exactly do I need to minimally remove to get to the cylinders? Any help and/or pics would be very helpful.

-- Rob
VaccaRabite
You pretty much need to totally strip the engine to get to the cylinders.

I guess you don't need to take off the oil filler and oil cooler. But thats about it. Thinking about it, you want to take the oil cooler off any way to make sure it is cleaned. They collect a lot of junk, and are an important cooling feature. So, just the oil filler on top the engine. Thats all that can be left on.

Zach
rhodyguy
everything around and on top of the tin. figure from the intakes @ the head and inward. the distr can remain in place. don't loose the cooling control wire inside. ensure it is still around the wheel before you button everything up. just went thru this.

watsonrx13
Any tricks/suggestion for removing the FI? Should I leave the wires connected to the injectors and just remove the (2) bolts for each injector that hold them in? I understand that I just need to pull the manifold runner off of the head studs...

I've never done this before, how much time would it take?
TheCabinetmaker
Injectors will come off with the intake runners. Just unplug them.
AvalonFal
--
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.