Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is the going rate for......
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ninefourteener
You folks were right...... it took about a year...... but now I've got the jitters missing my 914.

I sold it due to financial and family reasons.... with the intention of returning to my GM muscle car roots (Trans Ams, ElCaminos, etc).

In the meantime..... I became a HUGE Subaru Junkie.... and built a 4-cyl sedan that'll outrun just about any of the 15 - 20 muscle cars I've owned in the past. That, with the impending doom of increasing gas prices...... my Muscle car fascination of the past...... is gone.

With that, I'm already prepping early. I WILL be getting another 914.... without a doubt, 100% sure. Although, I'm nearly a year out from a purchase.

What is the going rate for a Turbo Suby powered 914? Preferably something well-sorted, flared, and 5-lugged. Not looking for a project, I want something done.

I've been looking, and can't find any currently for sale. Looking to spend right at $10K on a car. I've seen some BEAUTIFUL 914-4s sell for $8500..... I've also seen an extremely well-sorted 914-8 sell on ebay for over $20K recently.

Is my $10K price estimate reasonable?
ninefourteener
My babies:

IPB Image
Ferg
In short... No.

10k will get you a car with poor cosmetics built with compromises.

Like the well sorted v8 car that brought over 20k, a proper car that does not need more work to set it right will be in the 15-20 area.

Not many subies on the market however, so some speculation involved.

Ferg beerchug.gif
LvSteveH
agree.gif Gotta agree with the Fergmeister

QUOTE(ninefourteener @ May 15 2008, 10:35 AM) *

What is the going rate for a Turbo Suby powered 914? Preferably something well-sorted, flared, and 5-lugged. Not looking for a project, I want something done.

You'll be looking at between $17 to $20k for a well sorted nice looking flared turbo suby 914. That isn't a perfect car by any means, just a well built driver with no major flaws.

You'd be hard pressed to duplicate one for less than that and with gas prices going up a turbo four cylinder is going to be a pretty hot commodity.

Keith here in Vegas, WRX914 has a stunning car that I'm sure would cost $40k to duplicate. If he was looking to sell it I can see it bringing $30k without too much trouble.
ninefourteener
Thanks all....

Honestly, I'm a bit bummed out.... but it's good information, as I KNOW I can pick up an extremely clean, flared 914-4 for under $10K.

And then work on the conversion myself.

WRX motors are relatively easy to come by..... but I'm going to have to check out some prices on the Renegade site, for all the "extras" that will inevitably be associated.
ninefourteener
QUOTE(LvSteveH @ May 15 2008, 10:29 AM) *

Keith here in Vegas, WRX914 has a stunning car that I'm sure would cost $40k to duplicate. If he was looking to sell it I can see it bringing $30k without too much trouble.

Any links to that? I'd like to check it out.
LvSteveH
I don't have all the specs on Keith's car, but if you search WRX914 you can find more info. I think the motor is pretty close to a stock WRX and the trans was upgraded to a 904 main shaft with application specific gearing.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.