Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lock wafers: Anyone have a source?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
I'd like to acquire new lock wafers. Does anyone have a source for them?

Rand
Are you talking about Schnorr washers?
jim_hoyland
I have been told that locksmiths can order them. The guy at Balport Locks in Newport Beach does a lot of porsche stuff including making my dup keys. He said only the locksmith can order them....

Forgot the guy's name, but here is a link...very nice people there. Tell them you own a 914 Porsche upfront- they have done a few and are familiar with them.

Jim

http://www.balportlockandsafe.com/
Rusty
No, sir. I'm talking about the wafers inside a lock cylinder.
Rand
laugh.gif Oh, THOSE lock wafers. laugh.gif 051103-stupid4.gif drunk.gif

IPB Image
914Sixer
Check Pelican, I think they had a kit at one time with numbered ones. I know most of the ones out of the locks I have taken apart, are NOT numbered.
purple
mmmmmm necco wafers.. agggghgghghghhgggg drooley.gif
markb
When you find out, Rusty, lemme know. I want to get some for my stash.
Krieger
Buy some used locks or cylinders and pull them apart. Parts Heaven/Easy. Tell them what your doing. Buy some damaged ones. Maybe 3 or 4. All the locks have the same ones. doors/ignition/trunks
markb
QUOTE(Krieger914 @ May 15 2008, 05:01 PM) *

Buy some used locks and pull them apart. Parts Heaven/Easy. Tell them what your doing. Buy some damaged ones. Maybe 3 or 4

We're talking brand new wafers. I got tons of used ones.
Lavanaut
Resurecting this thread as I need some as well. Any luck Rusty? Mark?
SirAndy
I just went and bought a bunch of old locks when i did mine ...

shades.gif Andy
Lavanaut
Definitely an option. I've got brand new handles/locks though, I'd like to use new wafers if possible.
jim_hoyland
Did anyone ask a locksmith ? See my previous post...
Root_Werks
Local locksmith I use said NLA. Old school stuff that wasn't used on much. When I did the locks on my 914 I used many locks that I had removed waffers from. Most of them were numbered which was nice. Once I got the first lock down, just wrote down the number combo and zippo! The rest were a piece of cake.
zambezi
Just buy a car that is original and unmolested where all the lock tumblers match like I did.

JIM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.