Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Of the Six's: Whose windshield washers work?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
olav
Since there are a few six owners here I jut thought I would ask.

I have had my six for about four years now and just got around to getting my electric windshield washers to work.

I had to get new washer jets, take out the electric pump and "recondition" it. I also has to unjam the little valve in the windshield washer water bottle (say that six times).

Then I got some new modern blue windshield washing fluid to replace the factory original fluid.

Now everything works great, they spray up a storm and I have even used them for legitimate reasons once or twice while driving.

Now I think everything works on my car the way it should even the rear trunk light works I just found out.

One other thing: my original turn signal relay gave up the ghost and I bought a new one. Now the turn signals in the tach blink individually according to the direction you are signaling to turn. The old style signal relay just made both light blink no matter what direction you are turning. I like it better now.

- Olav
Gint
Never really saw the question. rolleyes.gif

Sounds good. When I hit the washer switch all I get is a blown fuse.
Jeroen
Olav wrote: "...even the rear trunk light works I just found out..."
Did you crawl into the trunk to check if the light really is off with the lid closed?
biggrin.gif

Cheers,

Jeroen
BS Chairman
Never tried mine! I've had the car going on six years now, never thought about them. The wipers do work low and high but no wait a minute swipe. Funny how you never miss things.
drew365
Olav; 1. We don't need no stinking washers! tongue.gif
2. My left turn blinkers just started making both arrows blink on the dash. So you say it's the relay? I checked the bulbs but I didn't go any further. I was thinking, We don't need no stinking turn signals. Obviously my cars not headed for any concours.
olav
QUOTE(drew365 @ Jan 7 2003, 06:14 PM)
2. My left turn blinkers just started making both arrows blink on the dash. So you say it's the relay? I checked the bulbs but I didn't go any further. I was thinking, We don't need no stinking turn signals. Obviously my cars not headed for any concours.

Hmmm, that sounds more like a ground problem. Check the wires on the back of the tach. The brown wire(on mine anyway) is ground.
Brad Roberts
I said it six times.. but nothing happened. The washer motor came on when I tested it in Muellers 9146..nothing hit the windshield... but the bottle is empty. I'll put some fluid in it *after* I get it running.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.