Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Backdate the '75 FI to '74
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
swood
I want to clean up my engine bay and delete the smog related junk on my system of the '75. (Not sweating the smog law stuff yet). On my '74, I don't see an EGR or Decel valve. I'll be taking the SSHE's and Bursch off the '74 and loading it on th e'75.

Can I safely delete these two items? Has anyone done this and can tell me how to bypass these components?

Thanks
S
swood
Oh yeah, and I need that tight little elbow for the AAR valve. Any alternate solutions to that one?
nebreitling
QUOTE(swood @ Jan 21 2004, 07:23 AM)
I want to clean up my engine bay and delete the smog related junk on my system of the '75. (Not sweating the smog law stuff yet). On my '74, I don't see an EGR or Decel valve. I'll be taking the SSHE's and Bursch off the '74 and loading it on th e'75.

i assume you want to keep the 75 FI components, but just eliminate some of the 'noncritical' pieces?

you can rip out the whole EGR system. made my 75 run cooler. it will leave a few holes that need covered/plugged (muffler/air box) -- but if you have the 74 exhaust, no prob.

you've already deleted the air pump?

don't know about the aar or decel, but i'm sure it could be done too.

definitely not smog compliant...
swood
Thanks. No air pump on the '75. (that I can see). Nor on the '74. Wasn't that just a '76 2.0 item?

Yes, nuke the non essentials and breathe easy!
nebreitling
my 75 has (had) an air pump -- i guess it was just 75 Cali cars...
TheCabinetmaker
my oklahoma 75 had an air pump. It's gone now though. wink.gif
swood
My '75 is a "Cali" and it's got no smog pump.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.