Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Missouri or Florida Teeners...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
stephenaki
Hey all, I am currently stateside on leave and in Branson, Missouri for about a week before I head off to Tampa Florida. Just wanted to know if anyone is around these areas as I would love to link up and take a look at what you have done with/to your 914s. PM me if you'd be interested in having a beer.
carr914
Steve, There's a bunch of us here in Tampa. Hell Paul doesn't leave his house without his sawsall. I think we could put away a couple of beers. beerchug.gif

T.C.
URY914
Steve let us know when you get here. T. C. aways buys the beer. drunk.gif

You going to SENCOM at MacDill AFB?
stephenaki
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 16 2008, 05:34 PM) *

Steve let us know when you get here. T. C. aways buys the beer. drunk.gif

You going to SENCOM at MacDill AFB?

No, will stay away from CENTCOM, my middle son is graduating High School so I am going to see him graduate. I am staying at a relatives house and I think we get in late on the 26th. Will give you guys a yell when I get in.
watsonrx13
Steve, definately let us know when you're in the area...

-- Rob
hcdmueller
I was just in the Missouri area visiting my family. Enjoy Branson. I was supposed to take my wife there a couple weeks ago but it didn't work out.

Let me know when you get back to Germany. I should finish my 914 in a month or so. How is yours coming along?
stephenaki
QUOTE(hcdmueller @ May 17 2008, 05:03 AM) *

I was just in the Missouri area visiting my family. Enjoy Branson. I was supposed to take my wife there a couple weeks ago but it didn't work out.

Let me know when you get back to Germany. I should finish my 914 in a month or so. How is yours coming along?

Hey Chris, Branson's a nice area, my in-laws own a resort on table rock lake called Artilla Cove Resort so we get free room and board. We also get into the shows cheap!

Haven't had a chance to check on the car recently, I was sucked into the big exercise a while back and the day after it ended I flew out. I am planning on sending Christoph an email in the next day or so.
stephenaki
How about sometime on Sunday 1 Jun? I head to Orlando the next day but don't really have anything on the day prior. I am free the entire day so if someone has a place and time holler at me.
carr914
I have no plans, well I do now.

T.C.
URY914
What time on Sunday?
stephenaki
I am free all day, the time is pretty much up to you guys. Also looking for recommendations on a location as I don't know Tampa very well.
fat73
QUOTE(stephenaki @ May 23 2008, 03:35 PM) *

I am free all day, the time is pretty much up to you guys. Also looking for recommendations on a location as I don't know Tampa very well.

I'll be around. Let me know where you're at and I'll drop by with the W9R1.

Ed aka W9r1
'73 914/2003 WRX engine
Jax914
Just in case you're driving and you want to stop off in Jacksonville - I'm about 5 mins off I95. Let me know...
stephenaki
QUOTE(Jax914 @ May 23 2008, 07:14 PM) *

Just in case you're driving and you want to stop off in Jacksonville - I'm about 5 mins off I95. Let me know...

Don't know that we'll be driving but if we are will give you a holler. By the way, it's spelled schweinhundt; just thought you might want to know! biggrin.gif
watsonrx13
Stephen, once we decide the location for lunch (I'm assuming lunch), you and anyone else would be welcomed to come by my 'shop' and help me get my car ready for the trip to Parade in NC....

-- Rob
stephenaki
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ May 24 2008, 06:52 PM) *

Stephen, once we decide the location for lunch (I'm assuming lunch), you and anyone else would be welcomed to come by my 'shop' and help me get my car ready for the trip to Parade in NC....

-- Rob

Give me a tool and tell me what to do and I'm there!
stephenaki
OK, I'M HERE!! piratenanner.gif I'm staying at my uncles place off of nine eagles road. Has anyone come up with a place to meet up? I think the consensus is a Sunday lunch but no one recommended anyplace yet.
URY914
Rob is the only one that assumed lunch, but I can't do lunch.
See you another time.
stephenaki
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 28 2008, 06:03 AM) *

Rob is the only one that assumed lunch, but I can't do lunch.
See you another time.

hmm, well, I'm open for anytime so if lunch is not a good time then maybe later in the day? Semper gumbi. Either way though, still need a place to meet if we are going to get together.
URY914
I can do later in the day. Hooters is always a favorite.
stephenaki
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 28 2008, 01:18 PM) *

I can do later in the day. Hooters is always a favorite.

I like Hooters! Oh and the food is OK as well biggrin.gif

How about 1600 on Sunday at Hooters? What say the rest of ye?
carr914
H drooley.gif ters at 16:00 I'm in. Wait which Hooters or are we going to make a tour of them all?

T.C.
stephenaki
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 28 2008, 01:36 PM) *

H drooley.gif ters at 16:00 I'm in. Wait which Hooters or are we going to make a tour of them all?

T.C.

Suuuure, here I thought we were good and then you had to throw in a kink in the works! Which one is better? I see that there are a ton of them, I was thinking the St. Petersburg one? Unless someone recommends a different one.
URY914
Steve where are you now?
stephenaki
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 28 2008, 02:24 PM) *

Steve where are you now?

I am actually in the Nine Eagles Golf course community. Nearest major intersection is Nine Eagles and Race Track.
URY914
That's not close to anything. You have use of a car?
stephenaki
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 28 2008, 03:45 PM) *

That's not close to anything. You have use of a car?

Yep, I have a rental all week. I know most of the Hooters are down near the water or center of town but can get to any of them, just need to know which one if anyone has preferences.
URY914
How about the one at the intersection of Fletcher Ave and Bruce B. Downs in North Tampa. It is across from University Community Hospital.

Alright with you T.C. and Rob? beer3.gif
carr914
I Love cooters, I mean Hooters. Fletcher/BB Downs is good for me. Steve, I'm about midway between 9Eagles and this Hooters, so if you want, you can come to my house 1st, and weather permitting, we can drive my Six to Hooters beer.gif

T.C.
SGB
Have you fellers been to Mon's? shades.gif
carr914
Scott, it's a requirement for any Warm-blooded male to spend some quality time at the Mons.

T.C.
URY914
I always went to 2001.
carr914
I've always been amazed there haven't been more horny drunks killed going across the road between the Mons and 2001.

T.C.
URY914
It was that walk to the Tanga that was killer.
SGB
av-943.gif
stephenaki
ok, you guys are killing me! Which one!!!! Mind you I'll have the wife and probably my sons, 18 and 20 with me along with the 2.5 year old. Exactly what is Mons and 2001? I get the feeling it is not where I would take the family.
URY914
Do NOT go to Mon's or 2001 with you're family.
URY914
Steve I'll PM you my cell number

Paul
carr914
Do Not go to the Mons until both your sons are 21, then tactfully leave the wife and youngin at home. Just imagine this smilee is a female dancer bootyshake.gif

T.C.

Hopefully you got my cell# last night in a pm
stephenaki
got cell #s for a couple of ya, been out all day with eldest son then the graduation and dinner. Will give a call tomorrow morning around 1000 or so or, if not a good time after 1700, let me know.
watsonrx13
I'm not going to make it this weekend, I just got a bunch of parts in and I've got a lot to do to get this car ready for Parade.... You guys have a great time.... drunk.gif

-- Rob
3liter914-6
Hey guys,

I'm back down in Tampa for a couple of days, and I found this thread. Sounds like it's still up in the air what's going down, Hooters tomorrow sounds good to me, but if something changes could someone in the know give me a jingle jangle on my phone?

814-571-0257

Thanks,

Adam
carr914
Good to hear from you Adam. As far as I know Hooters @ Fletcher/Bruce B Downs at 16:00 tomorrow.

T.C.
URY914
That's like...4:00....right?
stephenaki
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 31 2008, 09:31 AM) *

That's like...4:00....right?

check, roger, hooah... I, unfortunately will be the short half chink in shorts, hawaiian shirt and driving a mini van, grey toyota sienna LE to be exact. Bring on the beer and wings!! beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
carr914
See Ya tomorrow,

T.C.
URY914
Park in the back parking lot under the oak trees.

Roger-willco, over and out. biggrin.gif
carr914
Pictures from beer time.

1st. L to R, Stephenaki & 2 sons, Adam from State College, PA and Paul

Click to view attachment

Pauls & my cars

Click to view attachment
URY914
Damn that was quick, I just walked in the door...
carr914
My 1400th Post! Steve Gaglione stopped by Hooters for a few minutes to meet the Out of Towners. Rob, we heard you aren't going to Parade afterall and you didn't come by.

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.