Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Signal Orange 914-6 on eBay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lavanaut
QUOTE(Joe Mama @ May 13 2008, 09:36 PM) *

Anyways....another REAL/6....here....
another real six...but original

Does anyone here know this car, or anything about it? VIN search came up with a sale last November at 18k euros. Car looked clean then too.

Let me know if you know more! shades.gif

Thanks
ericread
This is what's called a "Money Shot"! How much do you think this pic increases the overall value?

Click to view attachment
plymouth37
Wow nice teener! pray.gif drooley.gif
Lavanaut
So you'd think...but recent experience has taught me that everything is not always as it seems in pictures... dry.gif

rwjames
That isn't a photo of the actual car for sale. This is an old Porsche factory picture taken from Brian Long's 914 & 914-6 book.

This six has sold a couple of times in the last year. The current owner purchased it in December 2007 and supposedly spent $7,000 on transmission work. I guess that's the price you pay when you have something done at a Porsche dealer. They probably had to fly in Dieter from Germany to work on a VW, I mean a Porsche this old.

I bid on the car before I realized it is the same car that has passed through a couple owners in a short period of time. Of course, my bid was in the early auction stage. Also, the reserve appears to be stupid high. I haven't seen the car in person, but I'm afraid of it since it keeps showing up for sale.

I could have bought this car about a year or so ago from Randall Yow for only $24,000.

If somebody here buys this car, I would like to know if it's as nice as it looks.

Good luck.

smash.gif
Joe Bob
Another speculator driving the prices up....
Lavanaut
QUOTE(!Wet Spot! @ May 16 2008, 08:53 PM) *

Another speculator driving the prices up....

No no! Actually, I was just hoping to somehow engage you so that I might be dazzled with another real neat avatar! popcorn[1].gif

You're right though. Let's allllllll join together to drive the price of our cars down...
Rav914
QUOTE(rwjames @ May 16 2008, 08:51 PM) *

They probably had to fly in Dieter from Germany.....

SOT....isn't Dieter the only guy at the factory who can rebuild a type 547 4-cam motor? I think I remember reading that a few years ago.
Gustl
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ May 16 2008, 07:44 PM) *

VIN search came up with a sale last November at 18k euros.

it just sold for € 21k (US $32.750,00)

I'd say that's not too much for such a nice car ...

bye1.gif Gustl
TJB/914
Wow, 914-6's have reached another high water mark on price. It must have been a good one and a bargin with the sum of all the parts.

Can you imagine what the price would be if it was a Sportomatic transmission rolleyes.gif car or a GT-471 option. Can you say $100K plus stirthepot.gif

Tom
Gint
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ May 17 2008, 03:04 AM) *
You're right though. Let's allllllll join together to drive the price of our cars down...

av-943.gif
rhodyguy
i find that to be QUITE a bit of money. call it $33k. post tax funds.

interesting bid history.
JeffBowlsby
"Can you imagine what the price would be if it was a Sportomatic transmission rolleyes.gif car"

We only can imagine....huh Wolfgang... biggrin.gif
davep
From 24K to 33K with 7K of work done in between, I'd say there was not a lot of profit to be made. I'd say someone is trying bail out. Rapid flips do not look good to me.
type47fan
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ May 18 2008, 12:08 PM) *

Wow, 914-6's have reached another high water mark on price. It must have been a good one and a bargin with the sum of all the parts.

Can you imagine what the price would be if it was a Sportomatic transmission rolleyes.gif car or a GT-471 option. Can you say $100K plus stirthepot.gif

Tom

. . . imagine how much more the correct, sharp edge rear bumper might have added . . . ! idea.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ May 18 2008, 09:08 PM) *

well, just take a look at George's inventory ...

US $55k for the Sportomatic
US $95k for the M471

although, George won't sell them ...

bye1.gif Gustl
TedK
The car was purchased by someone in Germany. Quite a few six's have left the US in the last year or so.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.