Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drive careful
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
championgt1
I have finally, in the last week or so got my car back on the road. Well tonight my wife and I decide to take it on its first good drive in quite some time. We got about 3 miles from home after being gone for about 45 minutes and some jackass cuts me off and slams on the brakes at 45 miles an hour. headbang.gif

If it was not for good brakes and an empty center turn lane I would have ate the assend of a SUV. Did a pretty good job of flatspotting the right front tire but other than that got away unscathed.

When we finally got around the guy we could tell he was fighting with his wife/girlfriend. Didn't even know we were there,or that he had almost caused a major accident.

Just remember to drive like you are invisible, BECAUSE YOU ARE!!!

Be careful everyone. driving.gif
Joe Bob
Did you tell him he was number one?

finger.gif
championgt1
ar15.gif and them some!
PeeGreen 914
Holy poop.... Not after you just got it back on the road. That was way too close. Glad nothing happened.
hcdmueller
Glad you are safe. There have been too many dead cars lately.
Spoke
QUOTE(!Wet Spot! @ May 17 2008, 03:26 AM) *

Did you tell him he was number one?

finger.gif

agree.gif

Well, I used to agree until the spat of road rage shooting several years ago. Now I've chilled out a lot towards drivers who do asshole things like this.

I thought long and hard about these types of situations and came to the conclusion to not get involved with this guy. I've lived my whole life not knowing this guy existed and now I'm gonna get back at him by giving him the finger.gif

It might make me feel good but is also likely to piss him off and now after cutting me off and almost causing me to wreck, now he's pissed at me. And who knows if he's packing heat and just had an argument with his girl, just lost his job, ..., and whatever.

Best thing is to do IMO, is to get away from him, don't look at him, and continue living your life without this asshole. Lord knows we all deal with enough assholes in our daily lives and adding another one on the road is not going to make our lives any better.
rick 918-S
911 babe! that's your friend. I'd dial my cell and follow him from a distance. All you have to do is tell the cops the guy was demonstrating road rage, swerving from lane to lane and assulting his passenger. The guy would be the next Rondney King. Asshat!
championgt1
QUOTE(hcdmueller @ May 17 2008, 06:12 AM) *

Glad you are safe. There have been too many dead cars lately.

agree.gif There would not have been much left of my car after I drove underneath a Expedition.

rhodyguy
where did this happen jack?
championgt1
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 17 2008, 09:11 AM) *

where did this happen jack?

Canyon road, about 9:30 last night. Talk about scareing the stromberg.gif out of me and my wife. K.... it was real close man!
yellow914
I had the same thing happen about 6 months ago...some "lady" in a SUV was on here cell phone and pulled out of a gas station right into my lane without nary a glimps....I could have reached out and touched here back bumber!!!...and yes I gave here the number one!!!...but apparently the phone call was much more interesting she didn't even notice....perhaps next time she can make that call from here rectum.
So.Cal.914
All real men want to make there mark in life, but lets not make ours on the front

of a Mac Truck.

I have heard simular, and have a few of my own stories. The one thing they all

seem to have in common is the handling and brakes saved there lives.

I love this car. smile.gif
orthobiz
Just for grins, what color car? I feel more noticeable in my bright orange Phoenix Red.

Paul
rhodyguy
canyon is the new meridian. worse actually because the road has more lanes. i hate it. about the only time i drive on it is crossing it. if you don't have a set dual tone horns you need some. LOUD. remind me next time you're over.

k
championgt1
QUOTE(orthobiz @ May 17 2008, 07:41 PM) *

Just for grins, what color car? I feel more noticeable in my bright orange Phoenix Red.

Paul

Olympic blue. Still feel invisible.
championgt1
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 17 2008, 08:35 PM) *

canyon is the new meridian. worse actually because the road has more lanes. i hate it. about the only time i drive on it is crossing it. if you don't have a set dual tone horns you need some. LOUD. remind me next time you're over.

k

Kevin, I do need some good horns. The one on the car does not work. Which is not good.
jim_hoyland
Dual airhorns are your friend; you get instant attention. Rigged a switch so I can still have the Porsche two-tone.

ConeDodger
I had an almost identical experience a few years back. I was out to dinner with the nieghbor couple and we were driving in my 4Runner. All of a sudden the ass-hat in the SUV in front of me slams on the brakes and comes to a complete stop. He then starts bitch-slapping his wife/GF right in the middle of a busy street. His big mistake was doing this in front of my passengers. One was an El Dorado County Sheriffs Homicide Detective, the other, his wife is a lawyer and in fact, an FBI agent. They were out of my truck in a heartbeat and Jeff had the guy out of the car and so tied up he is probably still trying to unwrap. His wife got the wife/gf out and over on the side of the road. In a few minutes the police were there to arrest the guy and his SUV was driven away by his wife/gf. As I recall, it was a holiday weekend Friday night and he wouldn't even be seeing the judge about bail until Tuesday. Hopefully he learned the meaning of the word sodomy over the weekend...
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Spoke @ May 17 2008, 06:52 AM) *

Well, I used to agree until the spat of road rage shooting several years ago. Now I've chilled out a lot towards drivers who do asshole things like this.

I thought long and hard about these types of situations and came to the conclusion to not get involved with this guy. I've lived my whole life not knowing this guy existed and now I'm gonna get back at him by giving him the finger.gif

It might make me feel good but is also likely to piss him off and now after cutting me off and almost causing me to wreck, now he's pissed at me. And who knows if he's packing heat and just had an argument with his girl, just lost his job, ..., and whatever.

Best thing is to do IMO, is to get away from him, don't look at him, and continue living your life without this asshole. Lord knows we all deal with enough assholes in our daily lives and adding another one on the road is not going to make our lives any better.

Well, I agree in principle, but I also feel obligated to attempt to educate the farktards in the world. If they go around oblivious, then they have no idea that they have done wrong.

Things like this are one reason that I like to drive my Jeep when I'm in the city. I have a big piece of angle iron hanging off each end, and I also don't really mind if someone feels obligated to get some of their paint on the sidewalls of my BFG Mud Terrains. It's also only 8" longer than a Mini.
rhodyguy
jack, the guy over on 40th ave e. has a set of dual tone horns.

when my car was at cartoys, the fellow was going thru the electrical check list after completion. tried the horn and guys were spilling coffee due to the volume.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ May 17 2008, 09:04 PM) *

Well, I agree in principle, but I also feel obligated to attempt to educate the farktards in the world. If they go around oblivious, then they have no idea that they have done wrong.

Things like this are one reason that I like to drive my Jeep when I'm in the city. I have a big piece of angle iron hanging off each end, and I also don't really mind if someone feels obligated to get some of their paint on the sidewalls of my BFG Mud Terrains. It's also only 8" longer than a Mini.

Passive Yet Effective... thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.