Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: windshield chrome
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
george405
hey all, anyone where I can find some windshield chrome, and also the curved side chrome above the engine door for my 72 914? I thought about some windshield moulding on ebay, but would rather have chrome I have checked about 16 junk yards around my state. any help appreciated....
kconway
Here...just don't buy it all. I'm going to need these in a few weeks too. biggrin.gif
Kev

http://aasesales.com/po91491wicht.html
burton73
I just called Dave and he has a few sets but said I would need to drive out there to pick my set up as the cost to pack a set in wood and ship is high.

Bob
DEC
In Germany all parts, except the targa middle part, are available at Porsche.

The prices are okay and better than the prices shown in the posted link above.
rhodyguy
the trim should travel fine in a longish, stiffer cardboard tube. map style. it's all in the packing. a box for florescent light tubes makes for a fine multi-use container.
burton73
My windshield trim is 3 parts and will not fit in a tube. It may be that the base of the windshield trim may fit but the top left and right will never.

Bob
davep
The parts are just bright anodized aluminum, no chrome on them at all.
It is always best to pick these up in person, that way you can examine them closely for damage. They are very soft and do not travel well, even from the distributor to the dealer. BTDT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.