Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Graduated Today!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
i love porsche
its all over! i graduated today from NJIT with a BS in Mechanical Engineering and a GPA of 3.3. what an exhausting 4 years, and im glad its over, and am looking foward to my upcoming job and finishing of the 914!

just had to get that out, it feels great!
Cap'n Krusty
Congratulations! smilie_pokal.gif beer.gif

The Cap'n
PeeGreen 914
smilie_pokal.gif aktion035.gif Nice work. A 3.3 is nothing to cough at. So do you already have a good job lined up?
smj
Hey, congrats on the degree and the job!

"... and finishing of the 914!"

And on not losing your youthful enthusiasm! I mean, you've been here long enough to know that this word "finish," while using several different letters, is devoid of meaning when it comes to cars...
biggrin.gif

But seriously, good job.
i love porsche
thanks guys!

im really excited about my new job. Im working for Enercon Services, they are a consultant firm that works with nuclear power plants. what they do is design and help install updates and upgrades to powerplants, its a pretty good field to get into at this stage and im very excited for it.

i know the 914 will never be "finished" lol but i do intend to have it on the road asap...i cannot wait for that first drive...its ONLY been 5 years haha
rmital
...excellent!! smilie_pokal.gif

now lets get moving on your 914. Let me know if you want to schedule some time over at MovieTime. I need to get digging into the red car.
Heeltoe914
Be careful the doors will open fast, Congrats, We are all happy for you thanks for sharing.
So.Cal.914
Very Cool, Good Work.

Nutley, doesn't look far on the map from Rockaway.
jasons
Congrats!!! I'm looking forward to finally seeing those custom Pedrinis I sold you on a car.
i love porsche
nutley is about 40 mins from rockaway and my job is about 10 minutes, its a small world

jason- I CANNOT WAIT to get those pedrinis on the car..its going to look awesome
markb
Congrats!! beerchug.gif
Pat Garvey
Oh man! Your whole life is now ahead of you!

My congrats - did this same thing 4 times, last one 25 years ago. It's a wonderful world - no matter the current bumps. Make the most of of!!!! Make us proud!

Pat
yarin
Congrats on graduating AND congrats on the job you've already got lined up!! drunk.gif

Time to start makin some bucks! Get that 914 back on the ROAD! driving.gif
jonferns
Congrats man!
Trevorg7
Congratulations!

thumb3d.gif

T
Spoke
Congratulations. Now you can sell your 914 and get a real Porsche....

I did a couple of courses at NJIT when I worked in Whippany for Bell Labs.

Still had my 1974 Dodge Colt from college w/139000 miles. Came off of 280 one day on the way to class and the car died. A white guy with a dead car in Newark NJ is scary. I bought a new car within the month.
Dr Evil
Right on brotha! smile.gif thumb3d.gif
Joe Bob
Thank you for being employed, paying taxes and funding my social security....
i love porsche
haha my pleasure

thanks everyone!
championgt1
aktion035.gif
Congrats!
jd74914
Nice going Aaron! Congrats. biggrin.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I am right in line with "WET SPOT" thanks for doing your part to keeping my

check comming every month. This is not the end of your education just the

beginning. GONGRATS. Dave slap.gif

P.S. If there is a wife take her out for BIG night , if not take yourself you

deserve it.
Gint
Kickass! Congratulations! smilie_pokal.gif
pin31
Excellent !!!

Now the fun part of getting a job....good luck.

ericread
QUOTE(i love porsche @ May 17 2008, 02:27 PM) *

thanks guys!

im really excited about my new job. Im working for Enercon Services, they are a consultant firm that works with nuclear power plants. what they do is design and help install updates and upgrades to powerplants, its a pretty good field to get into at this stage and im very excited for it.

Congratulations. And please do not make any math mistakes... nuke.gif blowup.gif nuke.gif
Leo Imperial
Great news... I also can not wait to see those wheels on your car.

Seems like it is never going to end when your in school, now you are going to look back and wish it never ended.
Dr Evil
I wonder if you are working at the same place as my cousin. I'll have to ask him. He is doing the same thing as you described and also graduated from NJIT.
i love porsche
wow, leo where have you been, good to hear from you

mike, theres a good chance its the same place, they recruit at NJIT

thanks all
ptravnic
Way to go Aaron!

I'm half way through my grad program now - I'll be in Norwalk, CT for the summer @ GE starting next week. I'm back baby!

Hopefully we'll be able to get the band back together for a random weekend!

-pt
type11969
Congrats!
rmital
QUOTE(ptravnic @ May 25 2008, 10:31 PM) *

Hopefully we'll be able to get the band back together for a random weekend!

...you guys just let me know when is good for the "band"....and I'll reserve MovieTime's garage for the weekend. I'm sure Aaron's project could use the attention.
i love porsche
yes..she definetly could..

did tod ever come by on saturday? you never called me
Rusty
Congrats... that's awesome! smilie_pokal.gif
zymurgist
Congratulations! beerchug.gif

I see the acquisition of lots of 914 parts in your future...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.