Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SIX conversion feed hose
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thesey914
I'm having to look at another way to feed my six with oil becasue the braided Aeroquip hose won't fit. The problem is I am running a M30 to AN-16 adapter on the tank and the swivel hose end is fouling the inside of my fender.
Other than cutting a slice out of the bottom of my fender (not going to happen) I'll have to use the stock hose or get one made up. Any one else had this trouble.
Heeltoe914
If I understand you. You should have a problem turning it only! When its at rest its done and wont contact the inside fender.
I use a crawsfoot and a long extension. Its a true PITA but will work. Good luck.

May I suggest you put a union between tank and cooler to make oil changes a lot easyer.
thesey914
I can tighten the hose ends up ok (very fiddly) but the tank is angled away at the top with the filler and breather only just protruding throught thier holes.
If I want to bolt up the mounting studs the feed hose would have to cut into the bottom of the fender by 1/4 inch. Those -16 hoses/ends are wide
McMark
Or, instead of a union, put a Tee with a cap on the third leg. Undo the cap to drain. wink.gif

If your adapters are too long, you may need to go M30 part way, and then adapt to -16 in the middle of the hose.
McMark
Wait, IIRC, the M30 fitting can be unscrewed and a -16 fitting screwed in. No adapters that way. SirAndy, am I remembering that right?
Heeltoe914
QUOTE(McMark @ May 17 2008, 05:05 PM) *

Or, instead of a union, put a Tee with a cap on the third leg. Undo the cap to drain. wink.gif

If your adapters are too long, you may need to go M30 part way, and then adapt to -16 in the middle of the hose.

Good call Mark
iamchappy
The stock hard lines certainly are not as large as 16AN on any of the 6 displacement engines, the pump can only scavenge so much and it delivers it at very high oil pressure through very small oil passages. I have a 930 turbo pump in my engine and have not considered a larger tank to engine line. I still use a stock 6 hardline with a 12AN inline oil filter spliced in. I think a 12AN would flow and is sized that of a stock hardline. I dont see anything wrong with a 16AN but is it really needed. can the pump really deliver more oil through the small oil passages than it can scavenge through the stock sized hardline.

An Analogy, should i then replace my fuel lines from the fuel tank to the fuel pump with 12AN lines.
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ May 17 2008, 04:08 PM) *

Wait, IIRC, the M30 fitting can be unscrewed and a -16 fitting screwed in. No adapters that way. SirAndy, am I remembering that right?

can't remember ... didn't we take pictures of that?
idea.gif confused24.gif Andy
PRS914-6
I used a special 45deg fitting. Metric on one side and AN16 on the other. No adapters needed. It fits perfect however I tightened everything BEFORE installing the tank. You can roll the tank in with the hose installed.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
thesey914
Thanks for the help everyone. So AN12 is the factory size? -I always thought they looked skinny and measured an old fitting I have, sure enough 20mm.
Even the -16 I.D. of the fittings are 20mm

Paul, So when your tank is bolted in place everything fits fine? The reason I ask is it wasn't until I bolted up the mounting studs that I realised I had a problem -If so, then the adapter you used looks like the way to go
Don't suppose you have a picture of the clearance when fitted and can remember where you got it from?
Thanks again guys
PRS914-6
I got the fitting from Patrick Motorsports. I don't have a picture that shows the actual fitting installed but I know there is plenty of clearance in there using the 45. Do you have the plastic insulation bushings installed on the tank? See the circles. They do move the tank out a wee bit from the body. If you are not using a 45 deg fitting, I suspect that is your problem.

In the pics you can see the angle that the hose comes off the tank. Can post more pics if needed.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
thesey914
Thanks again Paul, yes I do have those plastic grommet thingies and the foam 'seals' (more like rust enducers) for the filler and the breather. Got them from OPC with the big rubber seal for the oil filter. Really good price too.
Great stuff -I will go have a look on PMS site.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.