Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help ID'ing Ferodo Brake Pads to sell
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Spoke
I have a NIB set of front and rear Ferodo Pads that I want to sell. What's a good price for them?

Front: FDB2M
Rear: FDB3M
r_towle
what is the application?
year, racing/autox/street???

Rich
Spoke
I don't know much about them. They came with my 74 which was used as a track car with standard 914 front and rear calipers. I looked on line but couldn't find anything about them.

Application chart on the FDB3M rears includes:

Porsche
911S 1966-68 Rear
911L, T, 911 Targa & 912 1964-70 Rear
r_towle
so they dont fit a 914 (stock) ???

R
Spoke
Here's a front pad with a pad off of an old 914 front caliper. The size is identical. Don't have extra rear calipers so unless someone can ID the rears as for stock 914 rears, I'll have to pull a wheel off my 74 and match pads to ID for sure.
Spoke
I did find a page with FDB3M pads for a Porsche 914 /6 2.0. Is the price 23.60 Euros?

Translated From French
davep
I believe the FDB3M can be used for the 914/4 rear IF specific holes are drilled out for the large pin.
I believe the FDB2M are used on the 70 to 72 914/4 front. They could be used on the late fronts, but you don't have the extra pad thickness of the proper pads.
Spoke
Front and rear pad thickness is 3/8 inch. Is this undersize from stock pads?
davep
No, I think that is correct. However, the very late 72 change to the late style front suspension had different calipers that were wider to accommodate thicker pads with the intent to increase the miles between pad changes. Putting the thinner pads in is not a problem, the only difference is the pistons are slightly more exposed; it is just like having partially worn pads.
Eric_Shea
People seem to be going ga-ga over Ferodos lately. I have them on the 911 and like them. You may be able to get a decent price for them... I don't think they have Stateside distribution anymore... could be wrong.

I've just got in the PBR Ceramics which I like A LOT... currently no 914 rears (we use early 911 rears drilled for the 914 pin) and no 914 late... meaning you have to use the pads as Dave describes above. Early 914 pads for the front. In my experience, these are some of the "grippy-est" normally priced pads around.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.