Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rose Cup @ PIR, May 29th - June 1st
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
i'm going to be at the Rose Cup in Portland May 29th to June 1st ...

http://www.rosecup.com/

anyone else going?
driving.gif Andy
helios
I'm thinking of going down at least one of the days to watch. I've been wanting to check out this race for a few years now. I make it down for the historics every year though. smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(helios @ May 20 2008, 12:30 PM) *

I'm thinking of going down at least one of the days to watch. I've been wanting to check out this race for a few years now. I make it down for the historics every year though. smile.gif

well, if you see the car below in the paddock, swing by and say hello ...
bye1.gif Andy

IPB Image
helios
I'll definetly be on the lookout for it. beerchug.gif

Justinp71
Man I wish, is the green car one of those 3.0L carbed race cars? Are you going to get to drive it? biggrin.gif

BKLA
Andy -

For an evening of fun and frolic while you're here, make sure to head to the "acropolis" bar in Milwaukie for a steak and "entertainment". Famous with racers worldwide!

Just ask!

See you at the track!

Brett
Todd Enlund
I'll probably be wandering around with my camera.
rhodyguy
worthy of a nice am drive to p-land. car and weather permiting i'll drive down. PIR is a swell facility. andy, you might consider posting this in the garage too.

k
SirAndy
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 25 2008, 07:22 AM) *

andy, you might consider posting this in the garage too.

idea.gif
rhodyguy
long range forecast looks good at this point. departure from tacoma 6-6:30. i'll do a bit later if people from up north head down.
boxstr
Weather looks sunny and in the 70's for the weekend. There will also be a hot rod and custom car show, it should be a really great weekend for gearheads in the PNW.
I will be there in the 28 Ford.
CCLINSUNNYPIR
helios
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 25 2008, 12:36 PM) *

long range forecast looks good at this point. departure from tacoma 6-6:30. i'll do a bit later if people from up north head down.

I may be interested in hooking up for the trip down. Are you heading down Saturday or Sunday? I may have a couple of cars coming with. Probably heading down Saturday morning and be camping about 20 minutes minutes north of the track Saturday night. I need to make reservations this week. blink.gif
championgt1
I will be there. If my car is not ready I will catch a ride with Kevin.
geniusanthony
I just met jack and kevin, will see you all there. Not sure what I will bring though...
rhodyguy
day trip for me. I-5 to p-land is a nice drive on a sat morning. helio, pm me later in the week with your travel plans. no matter which way you go, all I-5 or I-5/405/167/512, you'll be passing within 6 miles of my place.

k
cassidy_bolger
I think I'll swing by sporting the 'for sale' sign in the Zambezi.....just in case anyone is shopping......

biggrin.gif

helios
Just made reservations at the Paradise Point S.P. for Saturday night. Barring any catastrophes, I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. driving.gif
SirAndy
all packed and ready to go. i'll be leaving oakland in the morning at 6am ...

driving.gif Andy
rhodyguy
have a safe drive.
championgt1
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 27 2008, 10:45 PM) *

have a safe drive.

agree.gif Hope to see you there.
SirAndy
just got to the hotel. the drive was rainy but otherwise uneventful ...

i'm staying at the Red Lion just across from the racetrack ...
driving.gif Andy
helios
Good to hear you had a safe and uneventful trip. See you this weekend (hopefully).
SirAndy
this has been great so far, we did practice sessions yesterday and one practice this AM and one qualifying this afternoon. we picked up another second in the afternoon, and we're less than a second off the leading GTS car, who happpens to be local to portland. we'll be going into the race tomorrow 2nd in the lineup ...

piratenanner.gif Andy
championgt1
Sweet! Kevin and I are heading out of Tacoma around 6 am. See you all there. driving.gif
rhodyguy
nice weather for a racing weekend.
helios
I'll be leaving Bellingham at the buttcrack of dawn tomorrow. See you there! driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.