Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speedo Angle Drive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lawrence
Is the speedo drive gear common with any VW parts that my local FLAPS is likely to have?

I checked my factory early 911 manual, as the 901 stuff is often the same. Strangely enough, in my 911 manual (print date June 1969) it calls the speedo angle drive a "tachometer drive".

I must need some manual updates, huh? smile.gif

-Rusty beer3.gif
Bleyseng
Is the FLAPS part of the PX?

I have a good drive if you want one.

Geoff bs.gif I think this guy should have an 'merican flag instead of the BS flag.
Brad Roberts
LB,

New angle drives where still available the last time I checked. The price wasnt that bad. I personally dont know of a replacement from a VW line.

B
Brad Roberts
Took me 20 minutes to create him..but here he is...

flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif

B
Lawrence
I know they're available... but I doubt that NAPA and others will stock them on the weekend... and I hate waiting. smile.gif

I need to check tomorrow to see if it's a cable or angle drive. I haven't diagnosed it yet.

-Rusty
Brad Roberts
I feel your pain. SSI is buried 20 minutes north of SF. I'm used to having 24/7 access to the HPH massive parts inventory. Now I have to wait to get something done when I need a part.

B
Bleyseng
Cool, Bman
flag.gif
Geoff
Brad Roberts
Not bad huh...LOL

I'm right above worthless.

B
Mockmaw
I'm in a similar situation, Rusty. I'll let you know if I stumble across something.

I suppose I need to add a customary smiley to my post.. how 'bout these? ar15.gif fighting19.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Mar 21 2003, 08:46 PM)
Is the speedo drive gear common with any VW parts that my local FLAPS is likely to have?

-Rusty beer3.gif

No, on the aircooled VW's they all used the front wheel.

Angle drive part # 914 318 029.01 those first three digits mean 914 ONLY, sorry bud.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Mar 21 2003, 08:46 PM)
Strangely enough, in my 911 manual (print date June 1969) it calls the speedo angle drive a "tachometer drive".

I must need some manual updates, huh? smile.gif

in german "Tacho" means "Speedo" wink.gif
Lawrence
Andy,

You may very well be correct (I have no idea), but if you go to the Sportomatic transmission section, it calls the same part a "speedometer angle drive".

-Rusty
SirAndy
i do not know about the manuals.
but i do know that speedo/tacho was initally
very confusing for me because the meaning is reversed in english.

english -> german

speedometer -> Tacho
tachometer -> Drehzahlmesser

maybe there was some mixup in the translation of the
early manuals? dunno, just babbling ...
tryan
can i get some hot sauce on my tacho?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.