Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn Signal Eletrical issue...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Slider
Ok guys, I have an issue with the front drivers side turn signal. this happened a little while back.
1. the passenger one works fine
2.the Emergency flashers work fine they light up on the drivers side also.
3. have checked all the wiring to the turnsignal housing for proper placement
4. getting continuity with the bulb. and the bulb installed in the housing

then I thought it might be the relay.. it doesn't seem like it since the Emergency flashers work.. (or is it a different relay?) and the Right side works fine when i do the safety light where you flip the turn signal switch without the ignition on..it doesn't light up. of course if the front ones not working then the back isnt going either.. I've cleaned the contacts for both the front and back.. but no luck.. is there another spot where the turnsignal's are grounded on each side?

Anybody have any ideas? possibly the turnsignal switch?

ohh and its a 72

Thanks in advance,
So.Cal.914
Make all rights. smile.gif

Could still be a ground issue. Just for the heck of it swap out that relay anyway.
orange914
i'd guess a ground. hazard may be grabbing a good (single) ground, but if in fact each side uses a ground then one is quit possibly bad.

redundant grounds are good 35 year old rust. smile.gif

mike
Slider
Thanks for your input guys..

icon_bump.gif
cwpeden
I just went through a weird flasher prob on my friends 73 2.0L . Turned out to be the fuses.

We(I) took the whole front end apart and tested each component and each one was good. As 35 yr old parts go....

Next went for the relays to no avail. He was 'playing' with indicator arm while I was putting fuse panel back up and Bingo it worked confused24.gif

Took a second for me to realize what it was then I saw the fuses had a few spots where they had arced. Cleaned all the contacts up with a little emery and new fuses right a across the board then all was good.

The hardest part was finding which fuse is the 16 amp and which is the 25 amp.
I'm still not sure blink.gif

Anyhow, check your fuses they may have been kicked them a few times too many
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.