Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The crappy interior that was
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
So over the past few months... while doing an engine swap... I was getting rid of rust issues and making my interior nice. It looked nice until I wanted to see what was underthis little piece that looked like it was pealing. Turned out to have rust under it. Soooo... It took it down to metal smash.gif . Found a crack in one of the longs and a few holes in the pan. One hole was at eh back of the firewall and was about 3 inches long and one in high blink.gif

So to correct all this I installed the Engman kit. Rather, I had it installed. The guy who welded it gave it great compliments. He restores old hotrods and knows how to deal with rust very well. After he installed it he welded in some custom seat rails for my Sparcos. aktion035.gif Then he sprayed it with zero rust. I waited three weeks and brought my car over to Rhino line. I had them line the pans and sides up about three inches.

So what do you think?

Compliments to.... pray.gif

-Engman... pedal board, pedals, stiffening kit.
-JWest... Rennshift

Before
PeeGreen 914
After drunk.gif
PeeGreen 914
One more... piratenanner.gif
dw914er
looks good!!!
PeeGreen 914
biggrin.gif Thanks... I'm happy with how it came out piratenanner.gif
PeeGreen 914
So for those of you that have asked I can answer here. Taking the tar out and puting the Rhino lining down almost balanced each other out. The Rhino liner was 40 lbs and the tar was about 35lbs when I weighed it all.
PanelBilly
Well, It look good now, but will it make a different in your performance times.

I just wonder if you had adapted to the flex in the body and the way it went around the corners. In theory the solid frame should work better, but now we'll see if you really go faster.
PeeGreen 914
Well, I have adapted well to other cars but this is going to be like driving a completely new car. More HP, new limited slip, More rigid. I can't wait to see how it feels on the AX course. I'll let you know. You should come out this weekend Billy. Saturday and Sunday at Bremerton.
6freak
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 18 2008, 09:30 PM) *

After drunk.gif

I expected the sets to match???? is this by design !must B confused24.gif But yes looks good
PeeGreen 914
Well, they are both black Sparcos wink.gif The drivers seat was 800 and then you had to buy the rails and such. The passenger seat was only 300 plus extras. I was already spending plenty I just didn't see dulling out more for a seat that gets little use.
dw914er
how easy was it to do the rhino lining?
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(dw914er @ May 19 2008, 03:17 PM) *

how easy was it to do the rhino lining?

Very easy... I drove my car to Rhino line and they did it laugh.gif
PanelBilly
what's your schedule for Bremerton this weekend? I mean when do you think you'll run?
PeeGreen 914
Well, Saturday is the PCA event and we start running around 10 until 2ish. and then there are fun runs. Sunday is SCCA and I will be running in the noon group. they start running around 12:30 or so.
Tom
Jon,
Hope to see you and your car there Sat. By the way, the 911SC boot covers the Renn shift nicely. I got one from Pelican and you can see it on Sat.
Your car is looking good, can't wait to see how it performs.
Tom
Root_Werks
Jon, sorry I missed you this weekend. Was pretty busy, went to see my Grandma and just wasn't around much. The interior looks great! Now you can have 2 people in your car again. Sweet!

driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
Hey Tom. Glad to hear you figured it out. The Rennshift I got had a boot with it. It will be good to see you on Saturday.

Yeah Dan, now I can again. It feels good to have it all back together. You'll have to take it for a spin and tell me what you think.
championgt1
Looking good! piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.