Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: flare project done
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jfort
My friend Bob Pierce who lives in Arlington OH, south of Findlay, restores muscle cars. But I talked him into doing the flares. Excellent work. Note the rear valance. He took the original metal one, filled in the exhaust hole, cut new holes for the sport exhaust and added metal to make it cover the sport exhaust. The metal came from a '57 Chevy! Then he made it match the rear flares.
jfort
picture 2
jfort
picture 3
jfort
picture 4
URY914
Very nice!
jfort
picture 5
jfort
picture 6
So.Cal.914
Bitchin.
FourBlades

Looks like it came from the factory that way!

What size wheels are you running?

John
my928s4
Looks awesome, great to have a friend and someone local to do that kind of quality work.

jfort
wheels are 7x16 and 8x16 with Hancook 225/45 and 245/45.
r_towle
Think about asking your hotrod buddy to add some cool looking louvers to the rear valance...the big ones tend to trap alot of heat...

Rich
Eric_Shea
I remember following that exhaust at a MWC. Sounded awesome.

Looks good Jeff. smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy
needs some spacers in the front to fill out them flares ... shades.gif

very nice looking car!
w00t.gif Andy
6freak
QUOTE(jfort @ May 19 2008, 07:51 AM) *

picture 5

I see the miss`n center cap .....other wise nice car ..factory 6??
rfuerst911sc
Nice looking ride!!!!
TravisNeff
Wow, that looks great.

Grey 914's rule!!
jfort
yep, 6freak, a factory six. thanks for mailing wheel center caps. I will look into louvres, r_towle. I've always thought it runs too hot already, compared to 911's I've had. Sir Andy, it already has about 1/4" of spacer. I tend to agree that front flares need more filled. Longer studs and more spacer? Worried that tires will hit fenders.
stephenaki
Very nice work, i'm jealous! beerchug.gif
plymouth37
Wow, nice job! Your car looks great!
SirAndy
QUOTE(jfort @ May 20 2008, 06:57 AM) *

Sir Andy, it already has about 1/4" of spacer. I tend to agree that front flares need more filled. Longer studs and more spacer? Worried that tires will hit fenders.

i've got the GT flares and 911 suspension. i run 100mm studs in the front with 1 1/4" spacers, 7x15 wheels with 225/50 tires and no rubbing ...

fills out the flares nicely ...
shades.gif Andy

jfort
Sir Andy, where might I find 100mm studs and the spacers?
Eric_Shea
I can get the studs... e-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e.

You may want the closed acorn style nuts though. Andy has the open face with the stud protruding quite a bit.

74mm studs and a 21mm 944 spacer (junkyard find) would allow the use of the stock alloy lug nuts.
jfort
thanks for the info, eric! how much are 74mm studs? the 21mm spacers can be found on front and/or back of a 944? a given year? what do they look like?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.