Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: L.E.D tail lights?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914ghost
How about these?
Seems like an okey deal seeing as how they'll last about forever.
And I think the 1157/ 2057 is the 2 filiment?
Here's the link:
LED Bulbs
Any opinions?
Robert O

IPB Image
Malmz
Pep Boys had those too, for about the same price if I remember correctly.

I don't know how much more they would give you behind a 914 lense though.

I was going to put those in my old trailer to keep the filiments from busting when it bounced. My current trailer is too heavy to bounce so it's not a problem.

sm
Andyrew
Cool product, if it works.

Someone try it anf find out! laugh.gif
TimT
They work kinda. I had them in my 911, the light is all projected away from the relector, so you only get a dot of light through the lens. I changed back to filament bulbs
smrz914
They are not bright enough. I want to take some before and after pics or a side by side with my unconverted 914.

I ran out of room on my website so i have to do something about it. Here is a tease...

First one is the cut out for room for the PCB
smrz914
PCB in housing
SirAndy
yupp, i saw them in person. smilie_pokal.gif great job Paul!
they are BRIGHT !!!

all we need now is someone who can get a smaller batch of boards manufactured professionally ...

i'd buy a set right away,
Andy
smrz914
parking lights
smrz914
Blinker brightness
Andyrew
O heck ya!!! You gona market these things? or just tell us exactly how to make em? Dang I sold my extra set of tail lights.. Ehh I know where to get them.

Me likes

Andrew
McMark
Needs reflectors behind to even out the light. The 40-mini-lights look doesn't work for me. Light the whole thing up nice and even. smile.gif Looks GREAT so far though!!! I'm in line for a set.
smrz914
What kind of price can I ask? Are you willing to pay $300-$400 for them? I doubt it, But I need to ask. Most of the motorcycle stuff I saw on line ranged from $50-$350.

I put 18+ hours to make mine and been reasearching for the last 6 months or so. I'm not happy mith my PCB bc i had to piece it from 3 different pieces. I'm working on a price to see what It would cost to have them made. I really don't want the make the PCBs.
McMark
Find out how much to have them made. If you're making them yourself you're going to get burned out real quick. biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(smrz914 @ Jan 22 2004, 01:43 AM)
I'm not happy mith my PCB bc i had to piece it from 3 different pieces. I'm working on a price to see what It would cost to have them made. I really don't want the make the PCBs.

PM Mueller. he should know where you can get the boards made ...

Andy
rhilgers
Well regarded in the Audio DIYers crowd

http://www.eprotos.com/qorder.asp

Layers 2 Layers 2 Layers 4 Layers 6 Layers
Price $ 19 $ 22.5 $ 45 $ 65
Turnaround 5Days 3Days 10Days 10Days
Quantity 5Pcs. 10Pcs. 10Pcs. 10Pcs.

Shipping Charge (Per Order) UPS Ground $10. FedEx Priority Overnight $25
Size Maximum 45 square Inch, 14" max
Air_Cooled_Nut
Or somewhat like the MegaSquirt idea, provide the parts and have the customer put it together. Less expensive alternative. Just want to have GOOD instructions!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.