Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paint for my 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CliffBraun
So I've decided that the white primer has to go. I am looking for someone to do some body work (attach fiberglass flares, smooth some dents) and paint the car for a reasonable price. I alternate between San Luis Obispo, Ca and the San Francisco area, so I am looking for someone in either place (between or near would work too) who does a good job.

Any suggestions?
dw914er
i think san luis autobody does a good job. a fellow member used to work there, but i am not positive on what their quality is because i have never seen their work
markb
Talk with sww914 here in Los Osos. He's done paint & body for a number of years, and can probably tell you who is good.
dw914er
QUOTE(markb @ May 20 2008, 01:06 AM) *

Talk with sww914 here in Los Osos. He's done paint & body for a number of years, and can probably tell you who is good.

i think he is the guy who worked for san luis autobody (though i could be saying the wrong name)

he is the guy though, and he will know where you should go
race914
QUOTE(markb @ May 20 2008, 01:06 AM) *

Cliff,

Steve does great work for more than fair prices. He did my 914 hauler, 96 Chevy Dually and my 79 911SC (my 914 parts runner smile.gif

Click to view attachment

I'd definitely go back again!

PM him at sww914

Greg
Chris Hamilton
This is the color he wants:
IPB Image

With GT flares & duckbill spoiler if I remember correctly.
race914
QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ May 20 2008, 12:24 PM) *

This is the color he wants:
IPB Image

With GT flares & duckbill spoiler if I remember correctly.

That color is great on a 914!

Click to view attachment
purple
so.... what's the pantone code for awesome?

i love that m3. i want one. drooley.gif
Allan
Steve did the bodywork on my car and it came out very nice.
dw914er
if i am thinking correctly, steve doesnt do autobody/paint anymore. He works as a machinist now, but im sure he would know where to go.
sww914
Don used to work at SLAB and then he became a machinist. His first job in the SLO area was working for me at a bodyshop that I managed.
He is now a machinist, a brilliant one who builds the 914-6 oil tanks, filler necks, billet intermediate plates, Boxster caliper adapters, 914-6 hard oil lines, and pretty much anything else that you could possibly imagine, but he doesn't do bodywork anymore.
I am Steve Willie, I've never worked as a machinist or at SLAB.
I do body and paint and I haven't quit yet.
I once worked for Pat, the manager/part owner of SLAB 20 years ago at another shop. I did, however apply for a job at SLAB once but they wouldn't pay me enough, only about 65% of what I had been making but that's hardy relevant. I just wanted to clear this up.
In our area it is difficult to find a shop to work on older cars or do complete paint jobs. I only know of 1 shop that does it and 1 that maybe does, but I can't recommend either of them. I can take this opportunity to recommend myself. I've sent the author of this thread a PM.
Thanks to everyone who recommended me!
dw914er
sorry Steve. I am really bad with names!

everything i said prior about the machinist applies to Don, not Steve. lol
Chris Hamilton
QUOTE(purple @ May 20 2008, 12:49 PM) *

so.... what's the pantone code for awesome?

i love that m3. i want one. drooley.gif

It's called laguna seca blue drooley.gif
sww914
Beautiful color! I love to spray bright colors, orange, red, yellow, green, blue. They look so cool flowing on to the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.