Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What kind of wheels are these?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rav914
They're dated to 1970. The original owner had them put on the car when new. Are these mini-lite's?

DanT
8 spoke (American Eagle) Empi look wheels.
come in VW and Porsche offsets.
centers come in silver, gold, black and chrome.

Nope not original Minilites....they look similar but not the real thing smile.gif

just like these
Rav914
Thanks. That was quick.

I like the look but I may go back to what the factory put on the car. Can I get any $ out of them or are they like Rivi's - harder to throw away than sell?
DanT
those look to be in good condition, I am sure you can find someone that wants them. especially if they are the correct Porsche offset instead of the VW offset.
I would say ~$300 for wheels with correct offset.
If VW offset probably a bit less, but they do fit, obviously either way. biggrin.gif
messix
if there really were put on the car in the early '70s they might be empie's and had the a/r caps put on later 'cause their cheap. pull the wheels off and look at the back side, i think it'll say empi
Rav914
Thanks. I'll check that out.
DanT
here is a pic of a real '70s vintage Empi wheel
you will notice the center caps were secured with screws (very prevalent amongst many after market wheels in the 70s)

your wheels are close but "no cigar" IMHO

you will notice the area around the bolt surface is different as well.

plus, if you look closely between the two top spokes a small oval Empi emblem.
Rav914
Clearly different. I can see that in the details.

What is the offset for the VW and Porsche? How is that measured on this type of wheel?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.