Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: On Topic: Got my first sunburn for the year
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
took the teener for a topless drive this AM to go to a meeting in Palo Alto. didn't think about putting on sunscreen (hey, it's January!). afterwards stopped by HPH to buy some parts and help brad killing some time.

got home, looked in the mirror and there it is,
a sunburn on my forehead. headbang.gif

gotta love california!
Andy
Joe Bob
Grow more hair or wear a hat..... wacko.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(mikez @ Jan 21 2004, 05:28 PM)
Grow more hair or wear a hat..... wacko.gif

naaa, HATs are for old people and/or people that don't have any hair on their head anymore.

i'm neither old nor loosing any hair laugh.gif

just have to remember to put some sunscreen in the glove-comp again ...
Andy
Jeroen
SHADDAP!
I don't wanna hear about it
biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
scottb
agree.gif pissoff.gif

snow here tomorrow......!!!
tracks914
We had the warmest day in three weeks here today, only -12*C and 2" of snow. I did work on the teener engine tonight though.
It's a dam good thing I love winter. laugh.gif
Andyrew
I had a good drive today as well! not very long, but very soothing, that seat makes the car completely different. I have a Porsche hat that I wear, and 2 Bridgestone hats, both very nice. You germans dont have sun burns as bad as we sweedish..

haha

Andrew
Hawktel
here is outside my front door.

No sunburns here thanks. burnout.gif
rick 918-S
You Sux! The only thing were gettin here is frickin frost frickin bite! -40 deg!!!! tonight!!!!
GWN7
-42 here today.....what Hawktel said ....twice laugh.gif
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 21 2004, 06:27 PM)

got home, looked in the mirror and there it is,
a sunburn on my forehead.

me thinks Andy did this on purpose just to see how many of these he could get posted in one thread! finger.gif must be goin fer da record.
C'mon guys..... let fly laugh.gif :finger2:

...........b
Andyrew
I thought that you sunburn worse in snow because its like mirrors everywhere with magnifying glasses?

Ehh what do I know, I dont get snow period.

Andrew
Scott Carlberg
Folks,
Andy meant to post a picture of his SUN-burned forehead, but he soon realized he
couldn't take one.... in-focus lol2.gif laugh.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jan 21 2004, 10:06 PM)
-42 here today.....what Hawktel said ....twice laugh.gif

finger.gif agree.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Andy:
pissoff.gif fighting19.gif mad.gif ar15.gif :finger2: pissoff.gif May your forehead peel off and land in your lap!!!!!. Dave sawzall-smiley.gif
FlatSix
OK. I've heard enough.

I'm going to visit California to see if this is true. The dollar is at a good rate right now.

Give me an hour to check out some flights and I'll be over in a couple of weeks. clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif

See you all soon...
DNHunt
finger.gif for being able to take the top off. finger.gif for you comments about old guys and hats. finger.gif for your comments about baldguys and hats. You deserve a sunburn.

Dave
TheCabinetmaker
Well Andy, I think you probably have the record for the most fuck you's in one thread. smilie_pokal.gif

Sorry all you guys in the north have to put up with all that cold weather. laugh.gif My top has been off for three days. Warm sun feels good on the face!
DNHunt
Here's one for you too. finger.gif

A good year the top comes off about 30 times and a couple of those are in light rain.

Dave
mike_the_man
Gotta add my 3 cents here too. pissoff.gif :finger2: w00t.gif
It's not too cold out today, but starting tomorrow it's supposed to get progressively colder. A high of
-35 C by next week. Yahoo! I'd kill to be somewhere warm right now! I mean it, I really would. Well, maybe not kill, but at least spank. Hmm, maybe not even spank, but certainly I would supply a stern talking to.

Get me out of here, I'm going crazy! Cabin Fever!
LS6/914
This is for your sunburn bootyshake.gif , this is for old guys & hats :finger2: :finger2: , Love this place it gives me a smile during a crappy day at work laugh.gif
PatW
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 21 2004, 05:27 PM)
there it is, a sunburn on my forehead. headbang.gif

Welcome to my world. wink.gif Now go empty some sand out of your car.. smile.gif happy11.gif bootyshake.gif
SirAndy
thanks for the collective group-hug guys. smlove2.gif
i'm feeling better already. smile.gif

and yes, i did remove a bag of sand last weekend.
you can hear it moving inbetween the sheet-metal when you throw the car in a corner. fighting19.gif

Andy
Ray Warren
got snow?
Ray Warren
gngn
Ray Warren
ghgh
Ray Warren
hbn
mikester
You guys inthe snow are lucky - we have to deal with earthquakes.

I drove in with the top off too. I think it was about 60 degrees this morning. Very comfy with a little warm air from the heater.

I love my car and Socal's f'ing great.

Pucker up snowbirds.
:finger2:
SirAndy
nice!

i actually really miss the snow. seriously, i do.
seasons here kinda blend in.
it's nice and sunny again, supposed to be 65 today.
doesn't feel like january ...

but then again, i could just cut work and drive the car to the beach. laugh.gif
Andy
Ray Warren
those pictures are not from ontario where i live.
they are from Terre-Neuve Newfoundland where
they run the rally.

we have about a foot of snow here so far
and it keeps on coming every day.
i'm sick of it and i hate it.
Howard
what's a top? these things have tops?
Downunderman
One extreme to the other. We are having a series of 30C+ days, humid, sticky and thunderstorms. I like to ski in some colder place in Jan to escape the heat!
Hawktel
Lots of good Skiing in Australia Howard?
Mueller
I don't think it's ever snowed on this patch of pavement smile.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Howard @ Jan 22 2004, 09:58 AM)
what's a top? these things have tops?

:finger2:
need4speed
Dude, Antioch looks exactly like Arroyo Grande.

70 F out today. Wish my Ghia wasn't crippled right now.
Downunderman
Hawk,

Skiings alright but only have snow from late June through to early October. Its nowhere near as good as north america or europe.
Aaron Cox
finger.gif ! oh wait! im in socal too..... my car isnt runnng at the moment so finger.gif you anyway!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.