Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Anyone want to meet up at the Wine Country Classic?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RoadGlue
I'm planning on going on race day, which is June 1st (Sunday). Details here:
http://www.winecountryclassic.com/

Always a good time, and even better if mother nature plays it nice and keeps a little air conditioning on. drooley.gif

Anyone want to meet up before/during/after (for beer!)?
Chris Hamilton
Is redwood region going to have the porsche corrall up on the hill again?
RoadGlue
Sure looks like it:
http://www.calendarwiz.com/calendars/calen...6&year=2008

I'm not a PCA member though wink.gif
jgara962
I was thinking about taking the 914 up there for part of the day. Let me see how my schedule looks next week.

You don't have to be a PCA member to park in the corral, you just need a Porsche.
hydroliftin
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ May 20 2008, 11:04 PM) *

I'm planning on going on race day, which is June 1st (Sunday). Details here:
http://www.winecountryclassic.com/

Always a good time, and even better if mother nature plays it nice and keeps a little air conditioning on. drooley.gif

Anyone want to meet up before/during/after (for beer!)?

The Wine Country Classic is so much more down to earth than the Monterey Historic. I've gone a few times and always met some interesting people and had a good time. I'll see if I can make it.
smj
WCC was great last year, I'm up for it. Haven't been to the Historics, but this was definitely a great chance to get close to some great cars. Had a bad moment when Mark Donahue's Camaro went into the barrier though... Ouch!

Pictures from last year are here: http://fastleft.com/gallery/WineCountryClassic2007

I had no clue the folks working the P-car corral last year were from Redwood. I'll probably bring along some Diablo PCA members via caravan after breakfast somewhere.
RoadGlue
bump!
smj
Finally figured out why this date was bothering me... Parts Heaven and Lome Prieta are having their annual swap meet & concours on June 1st. Not suggesting it's a problem, just glad I could figure out what was rattling around in the back of my head. smile.gif
jesiv
I bought two tickets to the Wine Country Classic Vintage Car Races for Sat May 31 several months ago and now I cannot go. Does anyone need tickets?

Regards,

james
SirAndy
i'll be at the rose cup in portland next weekend ...

driving.gif Andy
Krieger
I need my swap meet/junk fix. I'll be at Parts Heaven swap
RoadGlue
This happens every year with this event and Parts Heaven's swap meet. I've been to three or four times and the races twice in 10+ years, so the races win for me this year.

I'll be there in spirit vampire.gif
LarryR
The parts heaven swap meet has kind of sucked for the last couple of years. It almost seems like ebay has killed that event. I am game for the the wine country classic.
jgara962
I'm in for sure on Sunday.

confused24.gif It seems like there would be a lot more interest from the 914 crowd. Over on the Early 911S Registry board, they are talking about the big caravan they are going to have when they roll into the Porsche coral.
Elliot Cannon
I'd love to be there for that but I'll be moving my Son up to San Luis Obispo that weekend, which should be almost as much fun... right? headbang.gif

Cheers, Elliot
jgara962
So what do we have, three people going?

Me
Roadglue
LarryR
RoadGlue
I'll be there with Sylvie and/or another photo-friend, so you'll have to excuse us if we are a little focused on picture taking. It'll be great to see you guys though.
RoadGlue
We're going to try to be there by 11/11:30. Dug Wright's coming up as well.

I'm having starter issues with the 'teener, so we'll likely be in another vehicle. sad.gif
LarryR
Where was everyone? waited around the porsche parking lot for about an hour but no 914s?
LarryR
We were there in a silver 86 carrera ... about 12-15 cars down from the entry... There was a nice black 912e 2 cars from the entry smile.gif but nill 914's I guess I need to get mine running.
RoadGlue
The race is actually tomorrow. Today was just qualifying. We'll be there around 11 AM, but sadly, not in the 914. sad.gif
smj
Sorry I didn't make it up, life got in the way of fun as it all too often does.
Chris Hamilton
I was 1 of the 2 914s!
RoadGlue
Hi Chris,

You must have left pretty early. We tore out around the 8th or 9th session and your car was gone. Dug's car was there, so there were still two 914s in the corral at that point.

Sorry we missed each other!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.