Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dinner in Denver? Wed May 28, 2008
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Hey all of you Mile High folks that I haven't seen since the circus was in town in 2006. I am picking up a nice low mile 951 in Denver next Wednesday. Anyone up for dinner before I drive it home?
Gint
I could probably make that Sean. Hi BTW. need more detail. What part of town are you picking up the car? Are you just going to be here that night? We can try to arrange something close to make it easy for ya.
seanery
I'm either gonna pick it up in Englewood or at the airport. Not sure which at the moment. Yea, just that one day. I'll take off for home after dinner.
Ferg
I'm game...

beerchug.gif
Gint
When will you know? Englewood is south and the airport is northeast. And you have to head northeast to get outa dodge. I'll get it done if you nail down the location.
seanery
I've gotta call the guy. I'll do it tomorrow am. I'll let ya know then.
Gint
Wait a sec... you going to Indy? That would be about due east. Not that it makes a huge difference.
plymouth37
Looks like I won't be able to attend, the wife and I will be up at our cabin. Have fun guys!
seanery
alright, looks like the exchange is taking place at the airport.
scottb
take him to casa bonita!!! cheer.gif
Ferg

Food Court? biggrin.gif

You going back on 80? If you backtrack on E470 we could find a place on I25, Nothing other than the airport out by the airport huh.gif .

If you plan on going home on 70, then confused24.gif I'm outta ideas, not my hood.

Ferg
seanery
It doesn't matter where it is. I'll probably go 70, but I havent taken 80 between SLC and Chicago, so I may go that way.
shelby/914
Actually there are a few of the chain type resturants on Tower by all of the new hotels. Unfortunately I can't remember what they are. Oldtimers is starting to set in. headbang.gif
Gint
I'll get us a spot for din-din by Monday, latest. Stay tuned...
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ May 22 2008, 08:22 PM) *

Actually there are a few of the chain type resturants on Tower by all of the new hotels. Unfortunately I can't remember what they are. Oldtimers is starting to set in. headbang.gif

There is an Applebee's right on Pena Blvd.
There are also a couple of restaurants in GVR (the foreclosure capital of Colorado): Bennigans, and i think a Ruby Tuesdays
Gint
I'll do BK before I go to AppleBees.

I found the place. Moonlight Diner & Bar!

I'm mobile... More later.
Gint
What a day! Crusing out east on the plains to check out 914 parts and a location for dinner the circus clo.. person. wink.gif

This place is it. Home cookin (pork chops, meatloaf), sandwiches, Mexican, breakfast all day, patio and bar! Old shool style diner in glass and stainless steel. 6250 Tower Road Denver, CO 80249 - 1.7 miles south of Pena Blvd.

Google Maps - Moonlight Diner & Bar

DiningGuide on Moonlight Diner & Bar

Click to view attachment
Zundfolge
I won't be able to make it, but the Moonlight is an excellent choice! Good food, decent service and some atmosphere (perfect for pickin' up a car).
seanery
that looks great Gint! I'm all set and super-excited!!
Ferg
To bad your not staying longer... I'd loan you a Mtn Bike and we could hit the trails.

I'll be in MI over July 4th. I plan to ride Yankee Springs at least once, even if it's on a rental bike. I used to ride that trail 5 times a week (I could ride there from my Mom's house)...

Ferg biggrin.gif
TROJANMAN
You're so cool. cool_shades.gif
Doug Leggins
Hey Sean. Post some pics and details of the 951. I have been considering buying a 951 also. Do you still have Whitey?
seanery
doug, I've still got whitey but havent had time at home to do anything with it. The 951 should be great - 3 owners, under 100,000 miles, receipts since 30,000. Engine has 18,000 miles. Everything is stock and all works but clock, but I just got one on ebay. I'll post pics and more details.

Ferg, I'd love to ride out there. I've been sick the last month and a half, but I built up a new all mountain rig that is just sick - and its gonna have to sit at home til my circus days are over. I'm trimming my stuff that I carry down, so just a single road bike with me.

See you all next week. I'll be the guy with the big smile smile.gif
Gint
What time are you coming in? When's dinner?
seanery
I arrive at 4:05. Maybe take me an hour to do the deal. I'm free after that. I guessed a 7 or 7:30 dinner, but whatever werks for everyone is fine for me.
Gint
You're the guy driving all night. Keep us posted. I'll send out a local email and say meet at the diner at 6:00? This place is only 5 minutes from the airport BTW.
Eric_Shea
I plan to ride Yankee Springs

Small stone... I used to go to summer camp there wink.gif
rhodyguy
sean, looking at your new avatar, you appear to have lost some weight.
seanery
thanks Kevin! I lost about 35lbs last year. I've put a few back on, but plan on losing another 20 or so this summer smile.gif

I'm looking forward to dinner tomorrow guys! I'll have my phone three one seven five five seven five zero six nine. I leave Indy at 3:15edt.
Ferg
QUOTE(Gint @ May 23 2008, 07:36 PM) *

You're the guy driving all night. Keep us posted. I'll send out a local email and say meet at the diner at 6:00? This place is only 5 minutes from the airport BTW.

Works for me... I'll watch this thread for updates tomorrow.

Ferg beerchug.gif
Gint
6:00 tomorrow at Moonlight then. CYA!
brant
a bump for tonight
seanery
Are you coming Brant?
Do I finally get to meet you in person?

Ps. We just landed and are taxiing down the runway! I love the iPhone!
see y'all in a bit!
Eric_Shea
Leaving now... I should be in around midnight. wink.gif
TROJANMAN
Brant's not real ph34r.gif
Ferg
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 28 2008, 03:13 PM) *

I'll wait up beerchug.gif

And if you didn't drive like a pussy, you could be here by 11 w00t.gif
Gint
And I finally got the idle jets clear on my left carb. Still backfires a tad. Carbs sync'd and Mallory at 10 degrees at 1100 rpm or so.

But it's running well enough to drive from my house out to the airport on the plains.

driving.gif ...a 914 again. Far out!

BTW I got sprinkled on in the zambeziteen already.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Ferg @ May 28 2008, 03:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 28 2008, 03:13 PM) *

I'll wait up beerchug.gif

And if you didn't drive like a pussy, you could be here by 11 w00t.gif

No you won't. That's 3 hours past your bedtime tongue.gif
seanery
I'm here early smile.gif
Eric_Shea
No you won't. That's 3 hours past your bedtime

Pretty much nailed that one... sad.gif

biggrin.gif
shelby/914
Anyone heard from Sean? Is he back in Indy?
Gint
Not yet... heard from him that is.
Eric_Shea
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

bootyshake.gif
Gint
I didn't see anyone taking pictures. I didn't.

But hey, I fixed the backfiring in my 914. I should have tightened those left side intake manifold bolts in the first place. Now the oil pressure sender (brand new) is leaking. :sigh: I got another half turn or so on it. We'll see how that works out. Regardless, tomorrow's gonna be a good day to drive around in a topless 914!
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Gint @ May 29 2008, 07:40 PM) *

Not yet... heard from him that is.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=84487
seanery
hey guys, thanks for dinner. It was great to see old faces and meet some new ones. Eric, I waited til midnight but you never showed sad.gif

Anyway, I got home just before 7edt last night without issue. Oh, I forgot the great meileage these cars get on the freeway!
TROJANMAN
glad you're home safe. that is a nice ride.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.