Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pictures of Project Jenny Craig
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
Here they are...finally....the pics of Project Jenny Craig....after you put her all back together it looks like not much was done...until you look under the hoods! laugh.gif

Here come the pics....

First one is of the rear wing...carbon fiber...
nine14cats
side view of the wing...
nine14cats
another shot of the rear with the brace. The wing doesn't need a brace...it's to protect the CF wing from auto-x people who don't know any better and want to push the car from the wing or lean up against it.... laugh.gif
nine14cats
Here's a shot of the rear f/g bumper and phase 9's. The phase 9's save 21lbs over a stock banana muffler. The f/g bumper saves 20+ lbs over the steel variety...
nine14cats
The doors are gutted...this is the aluminum panel over the skins to keep it clean and safe from cutting my fingers...
nine14cats
Here's the f/g hoods from HPH. The front spoiler is from Roger Sheridan. The hoods weigh 8lbs each. The spoiler only 2 lbs.
nine14cats
Here's the GT engine lid....lightened considerably...
nine14cats
Here's the front window clips made from aluminum from Smart Racing Products. I kept the stock glass...The door glass, side windows, and rear window are gone...
ChrisReale
Do you mind if I ask how much the hoods were at HPH?
nine14cats
Pulled all of the climate control and wiper hardware....that's another 17lbs...
nine14cats
ABS sheets cut to plug the holes...
nine14cats
oil cooler cut-out in f/g front bumper...lots of weight savings there too...another 20+ lbs...
nine14cats
here's a shot of the oil cooler and brake ducting. The oil cooler is a 930 oil cooler set on it's side...the ducting goes to hole in the bottom of the trunk that was there from the previous owner who had a/c. The brake ducting is routed from behind the foglight grills through where the headlights used to be....
nine14cats
here's a headon shot of the ducting and oil cooler...
nine14cats
closer view of the brake ducting...
nine14cats
a pic of the gussets holding the rear wing sail panels up...
nine14cats
let's move to the engine bay....all excess metal, clips, wiring...gone....

all of the wiring has quick disconnects...you just unplug, you don't have to unscrew or cut anymore......not that I'll ever have to drop the engine again! laugh.gif
nine14cats
another engine pic
nine14cats
Had the center console removed....moved the gauges to where the climate controls used to be...the carpet is home depot indoor outdoor...very light...and cheap rolleyes.gif
nine14cats
Hi Chris...if I recall, the f/g front and rear lids were ~$375 each...I'll check the spreadsheet and get back to you...

Bill P.
d914
got any pics of the cooling ducts going to the brakes underneath???
nine14cats
I'll have to shoot another pic to get the ducting at the wheels...I'll take one and post later...

Bill P.
drew365
Bill; I'd like to see a pic of your new paint job. Also I'm surprised you still have an Optima. I love the battery but it weighs about 35 pounds. I've been using a Genesis that is about 15# and I've never had a problem with it.
nine14cats
Here's a shot of the front of the car with spoiler in place...car has bump steer kit but standard height spindles...it's as low as she'll go while keeping the swing arm geometry level or just above...
nine14cats
Here's a shot of the side of the car....goodyear slicks on cookies painted yellow....I hear yellow is faster... wink.gif
nine14cats
another side view...
nine14cats
rear quarterpanel shot...
nine14cats
left rear quarterpanel...
nine14cats
Here's a shot of my "blue" wheels....I have a color coded system...yellow is the ultra sticky slicks....and blue is the regular sticky slicks...this one is wearing a Hoosier....

I have 2 people in my pit crew...me and my wife...who also co-drives....she get's confused when I say "bring me the R210's!"....now I just say "get me the blue ones!" laugh.gif wub.gif
drew365
Very cool paint job. Looks like you're set to have some fun this year.
nine14cats
Hi Drew,

Yep...I've been looking at getting a lighter battery...just haven't got there yet! laugh.gif

I also decided not to pull out the dash and carpeting this year...I'll repaint the interior and play with the dash next winter....I'll trying to get ready for Laguna Seca on February 11th and 12th... blink.gif

Does that 15lb batterey need any special maintenance?

Thanks,

Bill P.
Andyrew
Speeking of carpet, how cheap was that carpet? was that the only color? or was there a black..?

Interesting.....

Andrew
drew365
Bill; Here's a link to a dealer for the Odyssey battery which is the same as I have, same manufacturer. It's maintanance free drycell just like the Optima. I have the 680 which weighs 15.4# They have a 12 pound but it has less amps.

Odyssey Battery
URY914
Looks nice.
See if you can run without the engine lid at all.

Removing the dash is pretty easy, it just bolts in. Than you can see all the other stuff to cut out.

What size are your slicks?

Keep up the good work. I'm weighting my car in a few weeks at the Sebring PCA Club race. I'm hoping to be below 1550. I'll post the results

Paul
nine14cats
Hi Paul,

The slicks are Goodyear 23x9x15 or Hoosier 23x9.5x15. The are cantilever tires that go on 15x7 rims. I really like them...and they are light.

I just finished putting on the car numbers.... smile.gif

Bill P.
URY914
I just noticed the rocker panel treatment.

What are they made of?

Paul
nine14cats
The rockers are made of sheet ABS and dzus fastened onto the car...they are sculpeted on the leading edge of the rocker to follow a contour....they are on and off in a matter of minutes... laugh.gif

Bill P.
SirAndy
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Jan 21 2004, 07:56 PM)
I also decided not to pull out the dash and carpeting this year...I'll repaint the interior and play with the dash next winter....

looks great! smilie_pokal.gif

now, get rid of that carpet, especially in the front trunk. wink.gif
Andy
nine14cats
Hi Andy,

The carpet in the front trunk and the cockpit tear out will have to wait until next winter....it's time to drive!

I'm hoping to run Sears on Feb 6th, Laguna Seca on Feb 11th and 12th and Sears again on Feb 14th and 15th. I'll be too busy fixing things that broke at the track! blink.gif

But I'm driving again! clap56.gif

Bill P.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.