Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Loads of Fiberglass
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CliffBraun
I am looking for fiberglass front and rear hoods, rocker panels, fender flares, and bumpers for my 914 project. Rennspeed seems to be the only place to get the whole deal in one stop. I have not found a great deal about them in a search, lots of people listing them and an occasional allusion to their poor fit.

What experiences do you have with fiberglass for your 914? Who has great molds?
grantsfo
Rennspeed is cheap but ill-fitting. I bought bumpers and hoods from them. Fine for a race car, but I'd go to somone else for a street car.
plymouth37
One word: "Getty"
CliffBraun
Getty doesn't seem to have the flares available, they have rocker panels and 914-6 bumpers which isn't exactly what I'm looking for.... Anyone else in the business.

Grant, do you have pictures of the fit? Could one work with them a bit and get them on?

Does anyone know of someone with higher quality and a bit larger selection?
PeeGreen 914
Check

http://www.ultimate914.com

or

http://www.gt-racing.com
CliffBraun
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 21 2008, 09:46 PM) *

gt-racing has hoods at a reasonable price, anyone have an idea of their fit?
jcd914
I got a set of GT Racing rear quarter panels and the quality looks good. They are lighter than I though they would be and look like they should fit well.

I don't know if they do fit well because I decided that they were too wide and I would have to cut too much off my car to fit them. If it were a pure race car I might go for it.

I guess I am moving backward because after I decide the rear quarter were too wide I got a set of GT flares and now I am thinking I will leave the fenders stock. confused24.gif

I guess I should start by making something run and then worry about fenders.

Good Luck
Jim
MikeHall
I love the Ultimate914 looks but i dont think those parts would work well on a street car. If they sold separat parts like fenders, front bumpers, and quarters that had the same shape but are made in sections I would for sure order from them.

Mike
PeeGreen 914
I love the Sheridan kit that is not so wide. Yes, they do make a kit that you can keep all the streetable stuff on it.

I have been told that GT's stuff is very nice quality and fit. The guys I learned about it from said they liked it better than Getty
MikeHall
I want the same look as Sheridans st. body kit but without a one part bolt on front clip. Does he have anything like that?

Mike
PeeGreen 914
You would have to ask him. He makes everything one off so I would imagine he could.
Carlitos Way
You might also want to check these out: Don't know the fit... but the price is attractive:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...0223683343&
martman
QRS Fiberglass for Porsche's I know him (lives a block away from me) (also has his shop down the road here) and his work and the fit is good. He can do carbon also. He has been in the fiberglass business for many years. The picture of the orange fender is on his own car he is building. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.