Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Foglight lense
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
is there a product that you can spray or wipe on that will fill the one millon dings in the fog light lense? you cant sand it can you? is there a way to buff em out?

Do I just need to buy a new set sad.gif

mabey a bunch of clear coats???

any

body

??

?
Smitty911
Glass and Plastic can both be polished out. The Glass you will need some 5um diamond paste and a smooth surface to polish them against.

Plastic- Step though some 1200 sandpaper and than polish lightly, watch the heat though you could easily warp them.

Smitty
SGB
Check with a glass or mirror shop.
Eric_Shea
Ummmmmmm... they ain't that spensive. blink.gif

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca...e_pg2.htm#item8
Ferg
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 22 2008, 02:51 PM) *

agree.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 22 2008, 06:51 PM) *

Why replace if you can restore?? worth a try right.

ps. can I borrow $ 83.00 biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
ps. can I borrow $ 83.00

When do you plan on paying it back?
jsayre914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 22 2008, 06:56 PM) *

ps. can I borrow $ 83.00

When do you plan on paying it back?

This will be an long term investment. Your 83$ will be put into purchasing a new lense set for my car. As we all know my car will appreciate and as such your investment will grow. Just think of what your 83 dollars could be worth mabey 10 yrs from now. biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
-or-

You could take the 4 hours spent polishing lenses that will never come out right and mow lawns instead. You'd make enough to buy lenses and have beer money left over. wink.gif

-or-

Spend two hours cleaning out the garage and sell what you find on eBay. You'd have enough beer money left over for a beer bath...
jsayre914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 22 2008, 07:13 PM) *

-or-

You could take the 4 hours spent polishing lenses that will never come out right and mow lawns instead. You'd make enough to buy lenses and have beer money left over. wink.gif

-or-

Spend two hours cleaning out the garage and sell what you find on eBay. You'd have enough beer money left over for a beer bath...

Point Taken huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.