Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel injector elbows
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
I just recieved my order from AA and it was missing the fuel injector elbows. I have enough xtra hose to cut 4 pieces and was wondering if anyone eles is running their cars like this. The only problem I could see is if the hose was to kink, and that would only happen if somthing was pushing against it. my car has the original bracke on the passenger side to hold the decel and mps sensor. and the other side I dont see anything that would be near the rail.

opinions
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ May 22 2008, 12:46 PM) *

I just recieved my order from AA and it was missing the fuel injector elbows. I have enough xtra hose to cut 4 pieces and was wondering if anyone eles is running their cars like this. The only problem I could see is if the hose was to kink, and that would only happen if somthing was pushing against it. my car has the original bracke on the passenger side to hold the decel and mps sensor. and the other side I dont see anything that would be near the rail.

opinions

you can but the bend is very important for fuel delivery without restriction. You will get them very shortly as they are specially made and we are getting many in next week. We used to use straight hoses and in a pinch you can, but they look messy and also interfere with engine removal.
zymurgist
I used straight hoses on Babydoll (2.0 D-Jet) and have not had any problems with fuel delivery.
rjames
smile.gif
QUOTE(zymurgist @ May 22 2008, 01:06 PM) *

I used straight hoses on Babydoll (2.0 D-Jet) and have not had any problems with fuel delivery.

I am using straight hose too and no problems in the past 9 months.

Although if you want the elbow type and can't wait, according to MrKona (from a posting here last year) the type you're looking for were readily available from BMW and worked just fine.
Part # is 16 12 1 176 821, and the BMW link:
Link 1

Original thread that I pilfered this info from:

linky

Or, just wait for AA to get 'em. smile.gif
SLITS
I use straight hose on every car I play with. I just cut it a little longer so it doesn't kink.

If it interferes with getting the engine out, I would suggest hiring another mechanic / shop.
jimkelly
i ditto the mr kona info on the elbows and the clamps - jim

--

QUOTE(rjames @ May 22 2008, 03:06 PM) *

smile.gif
QUOTE(zymurgist @ May 22 2008, 01:06 PM) *

I am using straight hose too and no problems in the past 9 months.

Although if you want the elbow type and can't wait, according to MrKona (from a posting here last year) the type you're looking for were readily available from BMW and worked just fine.
Part # is 16 12 1 176 821, and the BMW link:
Link 1

Original thread that I pilfered this info from:

linky

Or, just wait for AA to get 'em. smile.gif

mightyohm
Every 914 I have ever worked on/owned/seen has had straight hose there, don't worry too much. biggrin.gif
type47
x5 on the straight hose...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.