Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is this Side Shift 914 Transmission Worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Hi Guys,

A local has a spare 914 Transmission he wants to sell me with serial # 914/HA0051792. I checked the serial # & it shows to be out of a 1972, but it clearly is a side shifter?? What should I offer him to take it off his hands. confused24.gif He said it came out of a working 914 he was going to put in a sand buggy. I assume it should be considered a core transmission of questionable condition? I don't need one, but you never know.

What should I offer $$??? High & Low Value??

Tom
Demick
Is it really sitting flat upright on a concrete floor? If so, somethings wrong. The input shaft should protrude close to an inch beyond the end surface of the transaxle.
Gint
It's clearly a side shifter. Value? Good question. I can't wait to find out the answer. popcorn[1].gif My $.02? Taking into account inflation, coupla hundred bucks?
kart54
I paid $50.00 for my last one in the same condition. I would think $50 to $150 would be reasonable depending on the exterior condition and the input shaft as mentioned above.
Kart54
ConeDodger
Thomas,
It has a negative value. The guy owes you just about what it would cost to ship it to me. Let me know the tracking numbers when you get them! biggrin.gif
TJB/914
Thanks Guys,

Looks like the answer is low $50.00 to high $150.00 bucks. Shipping iron across the U.S.A. is about $150 bucks so net value -$0 for resale.

Lesson learned stay away from heavy parts & concentrate on small high buck items, like rear fog lights av-943.gif av-943.gif right Eric.

Tom
LvSteveH
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ May 22 2008, 04:16 PM) *

Thanks Guys,

Looks like the answer is low $50.00 to high $150.00 bucks. Shipping iron across the U.S.A. is about $150 bucks so net value -$0 for resale.

Lesson learned stay away from heavy parts & concentrate on small high buck items, like rear fog lights av-943.gif av-943.gif right Eric.

Tom

Unless of course it has a really nice 1st/reverse slider, which would ship in a flat rate box for a few dollars and sell for an easy $200. Then sell nice dogteeth for $40 each, etc.
TJB/914
QUOTE(LvSteveH @ May 22 2008, 03:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ May 22 2008, 04:16 PM) *

Thanks Guys,

Tom

Unless of course it has a really nice 1st/reverse slider, which would ship in a flat rate box for a few dollars and sell for an easy $200. Then sell nice dogteeth for $40 each, etc.

So now I have to dis-assemble the trans check parts for condition, keep the good stuff & throw away the junk to make a few bucks. Now I am in competition with Dr. D & I don't want to go there poke.gif Looked like a good idea until you find the devil in the details. This parts business is not for me, no wonder Geo. @ AA is crabby. laugh.gif

Tom bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.