Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One person's dream is anothers nightmare
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rjames
Found this CL posting:

It is a 73 porsche 914. Is a complete car with more than you could dream into it. If there is a real 914 lover out there this is the car for you.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

I guess I'm not a real 914 lover. blink.gif

Or maybe he meant to say Mazda RX7?
E-Man
Jackson-Barrett auction?
KELTY360
QUOTE(rjames @ May 23 2008, 10:51 AM) *

Found this CL posting:

It is a 73 porsche 914. Is a complete car with more than you could dream into it. If there is a real 914 lover out there this is the car for you.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Or maybe he meant to say Mazda RX7?

I wouldn't say that around an RX7 guy. icon8.gif
PeeGreen 914
headbang.gif Why do they do such aweful things?
purple
it does look a little JDM now that you mention it...
smj
I particularly like that jack or whatever carefully positioned in front of the rear passenger side wheel. What's that doing, standing in for a collapsed suspension? Surely there won't be any structural problems with this dream machine... shades.gif
Eric_Shea
That things HOT!

Lift kit? (note to self... maybe a huge market for 914 lift kits) idea.gif
rjames
I particularly like that jack or whatever carefully positioned in front of the rear passenger side wheel. What's that doing, standing in for a collapsed suspension? Surely there won't be any structural problems with this dream machine...

I hadn't noticed that! av-943.gif
RJMII
Nice alignment on that tire, too. THe one the jack is in front of. 4 wheel steering on 914s now?
Allan
QUOTE(rjames @ May 23 2008, 10:51 AM) *

agree.gif
BMXerror
I'm wondering about the cinder blocks on the other side of the rear. It looks like that wheel is just propped up there. dry.gif I've been mistaken thinking I was a real 914 fan. After all those dollars waisted on all those frivolous goodies like rear suspension members, what I really should've been doing is letting my 914 sit out among the weeds and gravel and not washing it for 5 years! slap.gif
I won't even start on the body work.
Mark D.
rjames
The advert just got better:

This weekend is someones lucky weekend. - $1000 (bremerton area)

Leaving my dream. For this weekend only. I am offering my 1973 porsche 914 for half my asking price. This car would be great for someones project. Bucause I guarantee that there is not another 914 porsche anywhere that looks like this one. At the moment it has a froze motor. But the car comes with a 2.0 motor, A spare transmission, The car has a wide body kit so it weighs about 300 lbs lighter than stock, Aftermarket wheels, The fuel injection has been replaced with 2 webber stacks, It has electronic ignition, And a monza exh system. It has been sitting for about 3 years. needs interior work, (was pulled to do autocross) Needs door panels. And needs some minor fiberglass work (body kit)
The title was lost in my last move but I do have the full name of the original owner. Must go this weekind.

My favorite part is that the title was lost, but you can contact the original owner to confirm..... that he sold it, I guess. screwy.gif

[url=http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/car/701734255.html]dreammachinel]
turboman808
I best not say to much. Mine is entering the realm of odd with the big carbon wing. biggrin.gif
RJMII
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Jun 3 2008, 04:01 PM) *

I best not say to much. Mine is entering the realm of odd with the big carbon wing. biggrin.gif

not to mention the windshield that looks like it came out of a cartoon.
championgt1
"Someones lucky weekend." That is some good stromberg.gif right there!!
mel reckling
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Jun 3 2008, 05:55 PM) *

"Someones lucky weekend." That is some good stromberg.gif right there!!

The 'someone' would be him if he found anybody to buy it.

He also forgot to mention he painted it with a broom.

tdgray
I threw up a little in my mouth barf.gif
plymouth37
QUOTE(RJMII @ Jun 3 2008, 03:52 PM) *

QUOTE(turboman808 @ Jun 3 2008, 04:01 PM) *

not to mention the windshield that looks like it came out of a cartoon.

av-943.gif
rjames
He also forgot to mention he painted it with a broom.

w00t.gif av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.