Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Freemotion Suspension
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carlilg
Hello All!

As you can see from my post count, I'm a relative newbie. I've been lurking quite a bit and learning as much as I can but haven't had much to contribute so have'nt posted alot.

Anyhow, bought the freemotion fronts and am wondering what else I should be doing "while I'm in there. I'm thinking new ball joints and bushings for the factory sway bar. Already have new bilsteins and fresh brakes up front. The car is a bone stock '73 2.0 Appearance group model that will primarily see "spirited" street driving. Basically looking to maximize the stock suspension.

Also, I'm on the border of Orange Count and the Inland Empire in Socal, and would like the opportunity to look over someone else's shoulder when they install their bearings so I know what I'm getting into. Any volunteers? welder.gif

Eric_Shea
Sounds like you've got it sussed. wink.gif
Jax914
turbo tie rod kit...struts...while it's all apart....
carlilg
I was thinking about the turbo tie rods - the steering is actually pretty tight as the car has only 70K miles on it... would it be a noticable difference?
Jeff Hail
QUOTE(carlilg @ May 23 2008, 08:40 PM) *

I was thinking about the turbo tie rods - the steering is actually pretty tight as the car has only 70K miles on it... would it be a noticable difference?

110% difference in performance and steering feedback. 70k and how many years old are those old OEM rubber inner joints? The original style inner couplers can have toe variations beyond the imaginable even when fairly new.
jetboy
QUOTE(carlilg @ May 23 2008, 08:40 PM) *

I have noticed the same thing about the steering being tight. Is that the fix for it? turbo tie rods? Or, do the freemotion suspension take most of that out... or, do you need both? I would love to get that sort of binding feel out of it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.