Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clearance Sale...maybe, need help on pricing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
idea.gif I'm looking for wisdom and pricing...too many toys, some has to go. I think I just want one 914.
I unexpectantly just bought a 300 hp v-8 914, which throws a wrench into my project car. I'm thinking about getting rid of everything except the v-8. Looking for help with prices and suggestions. The V-8 has a straight body, new running gear, but paint sucks and there is no interior.
This is what I have currently:

A restored 74 with a rebuilt 2ltr djet w/stainless etc etc (malga red one)

A 75 that has been completly stripped, the body re-worked, and primed. Pretty much all the parts for the 75 have been cleaned, painted etc and ready to go back on with a pile of seals, new interior, brakes, leather covered ghetty dash, new NOS chrome windshield trim, beautiful early chrome bumpers, european lenses, new carpet etc, etc. You get the idea.

Big Bore motor & sideshifter with stainless exchangers & banana

To be perfectly honest, the v-8 looks like a lot of work cosmetically (you know starting all over), but has good bones...renegade. I'll try to post some pictures later.

Need help with some prices and your thoughts...
I could transplant the V-8 running gear in either my 74 or 75 project and sell everything...or

Sell the 74 as is.., sell the 75 project as is or

Put the v-8 conversion in the 74 sawzall-smiley.gif and sell the 2ltr out of that and sell everything else.

In other words...I don't have a clue at this minute just venting and thinking out loud.
Allan
Keep the '74. sell everything else and use the money for a /6 conversion... biggrin.gif
Todd Enlund
Use the cleaned up parts from the '75 on the V-8, if the V-8 is what you want to keep. What year was the V-8?
computers4kids
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ May 24 2008, 01:27 PM) *

Use the cleaned up parts from the '75 on the V-8, if the V-8 is what you want to keep. What year was the V-8?

That is a possiblility. I could install the Ghetty dash, interior, everything cosmetically to the v-8 tub & rework the interior (tarmats, por15 etc) and prep the outer body. I don't think I want to strip (paint) another car for quite a while. One every two years is enough for me...a lot of work.

You don't think it would be better to trasplant the v-8's tub running gear into the 75 that it's body has been restored? The tub would be pretty much worthless since it has been cut for a V-8. Sorry not sure of the v-8s's year.
I have a friend looking for a 74 - 914...pm if you want to part with it.

Thank you
JRust
Tough call Mark! Been there done that. If the 75 is that close I'd transplant the v8 into it. Sell the beautiful big 4 motor & all the stuff with it. The early car someone will take for the shell I'm sure. So just sell of all the extra stuff.

If you sell your 74 it will bring good money$$$$. That is one beautiful car! You did a great job on it & it will bring I would guess 10k plus. piratenanner.gif

I'd sure hold onto that Getty Dash for your keeper car. Get those pictures of the 70 up. Just wait until you feel the power of that 8. It is addictive driving.gif
JRust
Oh yeah & a Tail dragger is a term for a 911 WTF.gif

Do not lump our beautiful cars in with theirs icon8.gif
Heeltoe914
I am not following you mark I keep thinking thier is a 911 in the story.

But from what I do get as many cars as I have put together I always keep the best parts for myself, we all do, some day you will need them it may take longer to get the V-8 done but thats part of the fun.

With what I know about you I think in no time you can put together some nice cars to sell off. IMHO try to keep a four around you will under stand why later.
computers4kids
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ May 24 2008, 07:57 PM) *

I am not following you mark I keep thinking thier is a 911 in the story.

But from what I do get as many cars as I have put together I always keep the best parts for myself, we all do, some day you will need them it may take longer to get the V-8 done but thats part of the fun.

With what I know about you I think in no time you can put together some nice cars to sell off. IMHO try to keep a four around you will under stand why later.

I need a shop like yours Leamon! A two car garage doesn't cut it when you have to store the nice car in the same space as something you are working on...three at once seems to be my breaking point (past experience).

It would kill me to part with the red 74 and actually blood, and sweat has bonded me somewhat with the 75...but not that much. And you are very right, collecting the parts is half the fun (at least for me) and good parts are most definetly getting harder to get...at any price.

And then there is the question what to do with Jamie's motor...the big bore--the last car I had that had webers (that I drove sawzall-smiley.gif av-943.gif ) was my old 911, which I fixed-up as well...shouldn't have sold it..oh, well. OK, there you have it...there is now 911 content poke.gif And Jamie..bite me! stirthepot.gif
rhodyguy
that car has a v-8 in the back of it? show me a picture please.
JRust
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 25 2008, 04:52 PM) *

that car has a v-8 in the back of it? show me a picture please.

Mark is just old & dosn't make sense sometimes dry.gif
That 911 is a car he used to own. He bought a 70 or 71 914 with a conversion started. Has everything there & is all new. Just the body is old & needs some work. I'm waiting for the pictures. He is supposed to be picking it up today!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.