Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: installed a 19mm master cylinder and hard lines today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
The update/conversion moved along today with the installation of a 19mm master cylinder and the replacement of the hard lines. Man am I sore sad.gif Crawling around under the car and getting up and down about a thousand times wore me out, plus it was about 93 degrees out today mad.gif Anyway the install of the master cylinder went as planned with no issues. Even the install of the reservoir lines was easy but I did lossen the clamp and lowered the reservoir to make it easier. I purchased a complete hard line kit off Ebay from a guy that imports nickel/copper lines from England. They're a little easier to bend than steel lines and supposedly won't rust. The install of the tunnel lines was easier than I thought and removing the shifter gained access to the clamp tabs that need to first be unbent and then bent back once the new lines are in. So the front lines are done and the tunnel lines are done so now on to the rear lines. Just thought I would share my days work beerchug.gif
Allan
Nice way to spend the day.

Sounds better than I thought as far as the tunnel lines go.

Pics?
watsonrx13
Man, central FL is getting F*&*^ hot.... Glad you're able to continue to work on the car in this weather....

BTW thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif, ya gotta show progress... biggrin.gif

-- Rob
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ May 24 2008, 06:44 PM) *

Man, central FL is getting F*&*^ hot.... Glad you're able to continue to work on the car in this weather....

BTW thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif, ya gotta show progress... biggrin.gif

-- Rob

I'll try to get some pics today. I'm used to working in the heat but as I get older ( 50 now ) it is getting harder to deal with it. Plus I generally work in a one piece mechanics suit to stay cleaner but man I sweat like a pig blink.gif I generally work until my vision blurs and I feel dizzy, that's my sign I've had enough biggrin.gif Believe it or not the tunnel lines onlt took about 10 minutes to install once the shifter was pulled. bye1.gif
FourBlades

I'd love to see some pictures because I need to do the same install soon.

It is not much cooler over here in Melbourne either. I'd park my car in
my living room for the summer if my wife wouldn't freak out about it. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

John
rfuerst911sc
I had a chance to take two pics of the drivers side front. You can see the master cylinder in the one pic and the other you can see the new line coming up to the rubber flex line. Also the 911 Boge strut with M caliper and 20mm vented rotor. And that's a 19mm front H&H sway bar. Also turbo tie rod ends and Elephant racing polybronze bushings. I really can't get a picture of the tunnel lines as all you can see is thru the access panels. Hope this helps. beerchug.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ May 24 2008, 06:50 PM) *

Even the install of the reservoir lines was easy but I did lossen the clamp and lowered the reservoir to make it easier.

a very good idea, it would have made it easier come to think of it. The guys that come after you will appreciate the tip. smile.gif
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ May 26 2008, 07:22 AM) *

QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ May 24 2008, 06:50 PM) *

Even the install of the reservoir lines was easy but I did lossen the clamp and lowered the reservoir to make it easier.

a very good idea, it would have made it easier come to think of it. The guys that come after you will appreciate the tip. smile.gif

I probably would have struggled with that had I not seen that suggestion on this forum or one of the other forums ( can't remember ). By lowering the reservoir / lines you're able to really get some pushing torque on them to insert them into the rubber grommets. It took about 30 seconds to have both lines snapped in. I just hope when it's all buttoned up she doesn't leak anywhere blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.