Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NWPCA AX event with lots of 914s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
So this weekend was full of AXing up here in the Pacific NW. My wife went with me and was our photographer for us. Though she is not trained very well with my D200 she did a fair job for us biggrin.gif

In the first set we have some of our friends from the North and fellow World members.
PeeGreen 914
One more from Canada
PeeGreen 914
Next we have a few fellow members that didn't drive or didn't get any pictures of them on course.

First we have Marc... Kelty
Then we have Rocky.. Tim
Then we have Dave.... The owner of Triad piratenanner.gif
PeeGreen 914
Then we have Jerry Hunt driving his dad's Raby Rocket.

Steve Barns in his blue and orange
championgt1
Jon, tell your wife the photos are great. How did you end up doing today? Lots of teeners there.
PeeGreen 914
And here we have Troy... messix showing us why it is good to have sway bars and some suspension. I swear this cars was on two wheels a few times. blink.gif
PeeGreen 914
Then we have the beautiful original 6 owned and driven by Mike Crandall.... 6freak
PeeGreen 914
and last a few of me biggrin.gif drunk.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(championgt1 @ May 25 2008, 11:35 PM) *

Jon, tell your wife the photos are great. How did you end up doing today? Lots of teeners there.

I won my class by 2.5 seconds on Saturday, and today at the SCCA event I was in second due to indexing chair.gif Because I put a 2.4l in there I was indexed in F Prepaired blink.gif That's with some insane cars in that index. I was 2 tenths of a turbo civic that won Nationals last year.
championgt1
Nice!!!!!!!!! aktion035.gif
messix
yeah i know i need to install the front sway bar!

but i still finished 2nd behind a 944 by a 1/10th and change, i know if i wasn't trying to try to catch the guy who was mis-classed and running 53 and change [i was thinking there was no way i was getting beat that bad] , i would have ran cleaner and maybe a 56 or so. i had that thing hanging all out third gear and all.
PeeGreen 914
Yeah you need to get the bar in there before you flip yourself. I gave that guy a ride in my car today and he was loving it. Yeah, he should have never driven in the stock class, but they come down only once a year and he had no idea his car was in Mod.
rhodyguy
bmsp is a great venue. nice track and a beautiful setting.

k
DNHunt
Best line of the weekend "Troy you got 1 cone with your mirror" (rim shot). Thanks Mike that was priceless.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(DNHunt @ May 26 2008, 09:19 AM) *

Best line of the weekend "Troy you got 1 cone with your mirror" (rim shot). Thanks Mike that was priceless.

av-943.gif
cwpeden
And to give you an idea of how my weekend finished....

Click to view attachment

First run monday, blew a valve cover gasket....I like to call it "Rust Proofing"

Thanks for the pics Jon. I was wondering how much body roll I had. Need bigger front torsion bars, tail happy all weekend
PeeGreen 914
You're welcome wink.gif Next time you're down I hope to see your car with more power and bigger torsion bars biggrin.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 27 2008, 12:12 AM) *

You're welcome wink.gif Next time you're down I hope to see your car with more power and bigger torsion bars biggrin.gif

All in all is was a good day for me. and Jon thank your wife for getting behing the lens.Lets do it again soon
ericread
It seems unfair to run against the Canadian cars since they are using "Imperial" gasoline...

biggrin.gif

(Oops, I'm speaking of the gallons, not the brand...)
cwpeden
Our gas is Metric. Much easier for the European engines to burn.

And for us to get screwed on the price $1.36 per liter, about 5.20 a gallon for 87 octane
cwpeden

And for us to get screwed on the price $1.36 per liter, about 5.20 a gallon for 87 octane
6freak
QUOTE(ericread @ May 27 2008, 08:24 AM) *

It seems unfair to run against the Canadian cars since they are using "Imperial" gasoline...

biggrin.gif

(Oops, I'm speaking of the gallons, not the brand...)

Dont know for sure but i think all us Washington boys pretty much spanked um.so yes we want them back.. lol..it was just good to see so many 914`s play`n on the same strip of asphalt.You Canada folks are welcome anytime! nice to meet you all
ericread
QUOTE(cwpeden @ May 27 2008, 11:17 AM) *

Our SAE gas is much harder on the German engines than the Metric gas. My understanding is that it doesn't quite fit correctly in the metric fittings. And I understand the Europeans are getting almost twice the gas mileage we are (up to 50 Kilometers per Gallon!) And don't try to boggle us with your voodoo math. $1.36 sounds much better than the $4.05 we're paying!

I just wanted to clear up any confusion about these issues. Besides, if you don't ask, how are you ever going to learn?
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(ericread @ May 27 2008, 11:32 AM) *

QUOTE(cwpeden @ May 27 2008, 11:17 AM) *

Our SAE gas is much harder on the German engines than the Metric gas. My understanding is that it doesn't quite fit correctly in the metric fittings. And I understand the Europeans are getting almost twice the gas mileage we are (up to 50 Kilometers per Gallon!) And don't try to boggle us with your voodoo math. $1.36 sounds much better than the $4.05 we're paying!

I just wanted to clear up any confusion about these issues. Besides, if you don't ask, how are you ever going to learn?

av-943.gif
PeeGreen 914
The results STILL aren't up chair.gif . I'll post them as soon as they are though driving.gif .
messix
still no results posted? wft!

give tim a call and whip[1].gif
PeeGreen 914
Tim doesn't have anything to do with it. It is Jodi Fordahl that has the info and she is most likely busy with Greg and the National road races he was/ is doing. Generally takes a week or so for them to post. I keep checking every day though.
PeeGreen 914
The results are up piratenanner.gif

http://www.pnwr.org/Track/autocross/results/2008/autoX03.asp
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.