Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Latest aquisition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
68 Chrysler 300 convertible. Receipts for complete suspension rebuil;d, new exhaust, new tires, new seat upholstrey. Now for the kicker....1500.00. Runs like shi#t, carb is trash and the points are fired but otherwise engine,trans and rear are in really good shape and the best part is NO RUST smilie_pokal.gif 750 Double pumper and intake are on the way as of tomorrow, tune up p[arts and gaskets are sitting in the car waiting for next weekend smile.gif probably be driving it in the next 2-3 weeks, Need to take out a loan for gas first av-943.gif
scotty b
Mo. thinking about a set of old skool Keystone Rader wheels like in the bottom pic
Allan
Sweet!!!

I love those big old Chryslers.

Man, slap a paint job on it and a new top and you'll have a killer cruiser...
rhodyguy
383 ci? my folks had a 67' newport custom when i was a kid.
scotty b
383 ?? barf.gif 440 BABY aktion035.gif

No paint job for a while this is a quick driver for the summer. I have WAY to many other projects right now to get knee deep in this one. Ask Mike he saw my sh*....er werks in progress this weekend. I would have been a complete idiot to have passed on this.
rhodyguy
the dual exhaust will sound bitchin' when the secondaries open up. you be stylin' with the top down. it'll be interesting to see how the exterior cleans up. cool wheels. find some bias-ply tires and you'll be set. wink.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 26 2008, 08:36 AM) *

the dual exhaust will sound bitchin' when the secondaries open up. you be stylin' with the top down. it'll be interesting to see how the exterior cleans up. cool wheels. find some bias-ply tires and you'll be set. wink.gif

Yeah the exhaust is sweet sounding. We got it running and drove it down the street when I first got it to the shop. I buffed a small spot on the trunk and it didn't do much. Pretty lousy repaint that is checking. Originally was gold barf.gif barf.gif . I think a nice sky blue wil be GORGEOUS with the white top and interior. When I get it running right I'll try to post a short vid of it smile.gif
Joe Bob
Cherry Bombs.....
scotty b
QUOTE(besame mi culo @ May 26 2008, 08:48 AM) *

Cherry Bombs.....

Got flowmasters on it already shades.gif
championgt1
Sky blue with a white top and interior. thumb3d.gif That will look sweet.
stepuptotheMike
poke.gif Scotty, I think you have passed your 10 project limit

Sweet find!

Mike
Todd Enlund
You bought an aircraft carrier! Cool!
scotty b
QUOTE(stepuptotheMike @ May 26 2008, 10:30 AM) *

poke.gif Scotty, I think you have passed your 10 project limit

Sweet find!

Mike

sad.gif Yes years ago dry.gif

BTW this is NOT a project, it will take me all of 1-2 days to get it on the road and THAT IS IT for this one !! Until I get some other stuff done
scotty b
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ May 26 2008, 10:51 AM) *

You bought an aircraft carrier! Cool!

laugh.gif IF YOU HAVE TO TAKE 2 PICTURES TO GET THE WHOLE DASHBOARD ...You might have a big F-in car av-943.gif
Downunderman
No, just 27 feet of bad taste.
dw914er
440 would be sweet

i drove another boat chrysler (66 new yorker) like the one in goodfellas 'cept it was a 4 door

huge, hard to park, but the 440 would scream

clean car though, factory ac, everything, but was still a massive car
Eric_Shea
One word:

Crossram! biggrin.gif

Ooooooooooops... nevermind gas is at $3.96 today. Gotta love big oil. sad.gif
db9146
What about the Maserati and the Alfa? Pics?????
VaccaRabite
Paint it like the Bat Mobile.

Zach
zymurgist
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ May 26 2008, 09:45 PM) *

Paint it like the Bat Mobile.

Zach

Personally, I kinda like this look...

Click to view attachment
Wanna9146
QUOTE(db9146 @ May 26 2008, 05:28 PM) *

What about the Maserati and the Alfa? Pics?????

+1 - What's up with the yellow Maserati Ghibli in the background? Yours? For sale?
firstknight13
check if engine paint is original then you have a hi-po motor MOPAR good score!!!
scotty b
Maserati NO it's not mine, No it's not for sale, Yes I have posted pics of it before. It is one we restored and is back in for some additional carb werk. Black GTV-6 belongs to the guy I werk with.

Orange on the valve covers is not original sad.gif I've just got a plain jane 440 rolleyes.gif

Only other pic of the GTV-6 I have
scotty b
An hour here...an hour there....Drove it arouind the block this morning before going to werk on the tranny waggin. Left a rubber trail to find my way back to the shop shades.gif Prolly gonna spend a couple more hours in the engine bay, cleaning and blacking it out. Got something a wee bit special in order for the air intake smile.gif bad news is I have found ALOT more missing parts including the base for the passenger seat sad.gif
scotty b
Took a couple hours yesterday to work on the carrier and my friends Fury. Dropped the carrier 2" and got the Fury running ....again...... Here's a couple shots as well as a comparison next to the Vulva. I wan to put the bike next to it sometime. I'm pretty sure the DOOR is about as long as the motorcycle laugh.gif
Wanna9146
Great detail job on the motor! The paint don't look too bad. I'll bet an hour or two with a buffer & polishing compound, it will shine. That is a true "land yacht"!
scotty b
QUOTE(Wanna9146 @ Jul 20 2008, 04:58 PM) *

Great detail job on the motor! The paint don't look too bad. I'll bet an hour or two with a buffer & polishing compound, it will shine. That is a true "land yacht"!

Actually ( and unfortunately ) the paint is crap. It's cracked all up and the buffer made almost no difference. I eve tried wet sanding a sot on the hood....waste of time. sad.gif It's gonna have to stay like this until I, or the next owner, starts stripping it.
tdgray
Paint the mother Pink aktion035.gif
FourBlades

You should carry a 914 as a lifeboat on that thing. Chrysler breaks down, no problem just winch down the teener and go for help!

John
scotty b
So I got kind of carried away with my water pump swap. I had planned on the valve covers, but once I got in there the engine was gross, the A.C. compressor has always bugged me, then I got sick of that God awful gold paint. Dirk made me do it unsure.gif Then whats the point in putting on nice, newly painted valve covers and a nice water pump, and A.C. delete setup and not changing out the plug wires ? Well if you're going to do all that and new plug wires surely an electronic distibutor would help. Now that all that has been dicided on it would be really lazy to not do something about the plug wires dangling all over the place right ? Oh and a friend of mine photoshop it with airbags. I hatre him now headbang.gif
r_towle
Cool,

Just curious, and this is from not knowing how the current suspension functions.

How did you lower the front end? Are you cutting the springs, changing the perches, or do you have air bags?
For all I know it came with airbags as stock...some of the old luxury cars did, back in the day.

Rich
scotty b
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 12 2009, 08:56 AM) *

Cool,

Just curious, and this is from not knowing how the current suspension functions.

How did you lower the front end? Are you cutting the springs, changing the perches, or do you have air bags?
For all I know it came with airbags as stock...some of the old luxury cars did, back in the day.

Rich

This has a torsion bar front end with a large bolt on the bottom. I cranked it about 15 turns and got it down 2.5" supposedly you can go as much as 3" before hitting the bump stops but mine at 2.5 is damn close smile.gif I looked at the front suspension a couple days ago contmeplating the air bags. It would be pretty simple to fab up,
jimkelly
good eye : )

definitely not speed bump friendly

jim
Elliot Cannon
440 cu. in. + 750 C F per Min. = Both miles per gallon. av-943.gif How much were we paying for gas back then? My Uncle had a new Mercury conv. back then. The trunk was big enough to carry a VW in. lol-2.gif
crash914
I think that Jim Phelps had a blue on on mission impossible...
r_towle
It looks awesome down low
You need to make a custom roof....lower and chop the windshield...lower

Rich
pete-stevers
Guesse you want to hear "scotty that thing is big" from the chicks you hang with biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.