Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question on Plug Wires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
WizPorsche914
I have a 72 1.7 and I bought bosch wires to put on thoday. They Suck ! None of the sizes are correct, the coil wire is 4 times too long, and I cannot figure out which wire goes where. Does any other company make 914 wires ? Id like to find Beru, I have a set on my 944 and there perfect.
SirAndy
QUOTE(WizPorsche914 @ May 26 2008, 05:06 PM) *

I have a 72 1.7 and I bought bosch wires to put on thoday. They Suck ! None of the sizes are correct, the coil wire is 4 times too long, and I cannot figure out which wire goes where. Does any other company make 914 wires ? Id like to find Beru, I have a set on my 944 and there perfect.

where did you buy the wires?
confused24.gif Andy
WizPorsche914
I bought them from a company called World Pac.
SirAndy
QUOTE(WizPorsche914 @ May 26 2008, 06:27 PM) *

I bought them from a company called World Pac.

yeah, that's where your local FLAPS gets them from as well. they fit like crap, if at all ...

you might want to check the usual parts outlets like pelican etc. for a good set of beru wires ...
idea.gif Andy
WizPorsche914
Thanks Andy I cannot figure out why there is 2 coil wires in the box too. Plus two of the ends are larger then the other 2.
PeeGreen 914
Maybe they got the wrong box. Not the first time it has happened from WP.
RoadGlue
I always have gotten two coil wires in the box when purchasing Bosch wires. I can only imagine it's because the coil is mounted in different locations depending on the type 4 application (bus, sedan, etc).

Having said that, the Bosch plug wires I purchased three weeks ago from a European parts house in Santa Rosa are too short and just barely reach the spark plugs. I'm not sure why Bosch decided to shorten the wires by at least three inches per wire. The box was correctly marked for 914-4, and I can't think of any T4 application where these wires would work correctly. Grrrr.
brownaar
Had the same problem in the past. Just bought a set of FyreBraid wires from Performance Products for around 45 bucks. Appear to be very nice quality for the money.
My 0.02
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.