Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Folding tow-hook for rear bumper?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wanna9146
I'm looking for a folding tow-hook that will fit in the existing threaded hole in the rear bumper of my '71. I've seen some on E-Bay, but they appear to be for modern cars.

blink.gif

IPB Image
sixnotfour
rennline
http://www.rennline.com/prodinfo.asp?number=E83
zymurgist
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 27 2008, 03:10 AM) *

agree.gif I've only ever bought a T-shirt from them (at Hershey this year), but their catalog has all sorts of tow hooks and cool racing gear.
nein14
QUOTE(Wanna9146 @ May 26 2008, 10:22 PM) *

I'm looking for a folding tow-hook that will fit in the existing threaded hole in the rear bumper of my '71. I've seen some on E-Bay, but they appear to be for modern cars.

blink.gif

IPB Image

The threads don't fit the early 911 or 914 existing stock tow hook receiver. I call them and asked them if they were going to make one for the early cars. they told me they are not going to make or modify the present unit at this time or in the near future. headbang.gif (That SUCKS!)

You could try to find out what thread size and pitch the unit has and re- tap the existing receiver on the rear of the 914.
nein14
QUOTE(nein14 @ May 27 2008, 11:05 AM) *

blink.gif

IPB Image

The threads don't fit the early 911 or 914 existing stock tow hook receiver. I call them and asked them if they were going to make one for the early cars. they told me they are not going to make or modify the present unit at this time or in the near future. headbang.gif (That SUCKS!)

You could try to find out what thread size and pitch the unit has and re- tap the existing receiver on the rear of the 914.

Thread size is 5/8""-11
6freak
QUOTE(nein14 @ May 27 2008, 12:05 PM) *

blink.gif

IPB Image

What the hell you need tow hooks for you plan`n on go`n in the ditch confused24.gif av-943.gif
PeeGreen 914
What's wrong with the stock hook?
6freak
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 27 2008, 12:25 PM) *

The stockers bend and break real easy ...if your talk`n about the one that screws into the rear bumper
So.Cal.914
It's quick, but what about an adapter? On a lathe it is pretty streight forward. You all put in on a run for yourselves. Cool tow hook.

Click to view attachment
nein14
QUOTE(6freak @ May 29 2008, 10:32 AM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 27 2008, 12:25 PM) *

The stockers bend and break real easy ...if your talk`n about the one that screws into the rear bumper

What bends the hook itself or the mount behind the bumper?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.