Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help I'm a parts car junkie...R U?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Hi, I'm Garold and I am a parts car junkie sawzall-smiley.gif w00t.gif

If my wife is reading this, there I said it ok. wub.gif

Well I did it agian. I picked up this one on ebay.
A 70 with all the usual rust problems but uncut
door panels in great shape and other small stuff
I want / need for my 70. Brought it home yesterday
and hopefully I can get in the garage sometime in
mid feb. The sad part is I wasn't home 1 hr until I
was on the web looking for another one. Why confused24.gif I don't know, I already have one
in the garage to finish parting out, plus my beloved
70 driver wub.gif and now this one.

So fellow parts car junkies this one is for you.
smoke.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif nuke.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif

- Garold the parts car junkie
SirAndy
QUOTE(itsa914 @ Jan 22 2004, 11:58 AM)
The sad part is I wasn't home 1 hr until I
was on the web looking for another one.

ever thought about turning this into a business? smile.gif

Andy
TheCabinetmaker
Ok, I admit it. I'm a parts car junkie too. I have three, and will buy as many as I can that I can afford and have a place to store.

Andy, you have email.
SirAndy
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jan 22 2004, 12:13 PM)
Andy, you have email.

no, i don't. sad.gif
boxstr
I am a 914 (car) junkie. And I will not take the cure. I have storage for all of it.
CCLINCAMP914
Doug Leggins
Fantastic!!!!

After 2 for 25 I knew that you would be hooked!

I am a parts car junkie too. It is fun taking these old cars apart I learn more from every one. Also pretty good to keep a couple of the really good pieces for the #1 914.

One of the last 914s that I looked at I tried (really I did) to convince myself to only buy the wheels. For 2 days I told myself - only buy the wheels - only buy the wheels. Easy guess, I bought the whole car. Got a few jewels of parts, made some $$$ and had a great time taking it apart and learning more about the cars.

This is a great addiction! I think that my next step is a sawzall party. You ready? My place or yours? Both? I've got a 72 that is prime for a sawzall event.
tracks914
I wish, I wish, I wish there was enough teeners around me to become a "parts car junkie" rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
I have the space, I have the technology, I just don't have the cars? sad.gif sad.gif
GWN7
Hahahahaha.... you should have bought the brown rusty one, at the meet in Ohio laugh.gif

buy as many as you can....914s are like land, they don't make it anymore......
tracks914
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jan 22 2004, 06:37 PM)
Hahahahaha.... you should have bought the brown rusty one, at the meet in Ohio laugh.gif

Did I miss a meet in Ohio?
Doug Leggins
Tracks914

Road trip buddy. Road trip!!!

They're out there. After a couple, they start to find you!
tracks914
I have already bought the only two I have seen in a 350 mile radius. I have seen lots for sale in the Northern US but in Ontario or Quebec, I have pretty much only seen $5K+ cars, not parts cars except this gem I got last summer. w00t.gif
I only had to travel 180 miles to get it and stole it for a mear $175. + Gas.
GWN7
The Ohio meet was/is Barber Daves meet.....had a great time...looking forward to it again, in August.

There is a rusty 914 in Brandon, MB compleat/runs you can have it for $800-900. US $$ have the guys email if your interested. It was listed on ebay a while back didn't sell.
Chris H.
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jan 22 2004, 09:25 PM)
Help I'm a parts car junkie...R U?

Maybe....

But I could quit any time I want to... I'm not addicted to it or anything... it's not like I constantly search the internet and want ads for parts cars...

YES IT IS!!! headbang.gif
GaroldShaffer
I think that my next step is a sawzall party. You ready? My place or yours? Both?

Sure I'm up for it. The one I have in my garage isn't quite ready yet. I am taking some vacation time over
the next few weeks so hopefully I can be ready to
cut it soon. But I'm ready for a sawzall party road
trip. I think there would be a few others in our area
willing / wanting to join in the fun.

Have sawzall-smiley.gif will travel....

- Garold the junkie
rezron
I have a teener in the garage and have 3
others parted and boxed up.... I just keep looking for more and can't seem to let go of what I have!
My wife just gave me the green light on building a new heated 3 stall garage!--- now I can get serious!

sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif driving.gif

rezron
SirAndy
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Jan 22 2004, 07:08 PM)

Jeroen, are you reading this?

this HAS to be the next feature car ... laugh.gif
Andy
GWN7
If I remember correctly tracks914 car was in two pieces (the $175 one) or the picture looked like it was. laugh.gif
lmcchesney
When one reviews the topic of acquiring material things, there seems to be a distinct split. One type buys objects for display. A symbol of status denoting where that individual is on the hierarchy of social norms. The other, acquires material things for the potential of creation. With disregard of social status, the motive is obtaining raw materials for the specific purpose of making something that did not exist. Your 914 falls into the later group. This is not a fault. This is what makes you - you.
The crux to this interaction is the obtaining the ability to create the object and then have the person who just wants status symbols to buy your creation. Or put differently, stop buying 914 and start buying Mercedes.
L. McChesney
type47
L. McChesney, lot of heavy thoughts there! i am presently in a 12 step program because of my 914 parts hoarding/collecting/obsession wink.gif so i feel your pain. i do like your thought that maybe i am an "ar-teest" rather than a hack mechanic. anyway, love those SWAP MEETS!
Steve Thacker
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Jan 22 2004, 11:08 PM)
I have already bought the only two I have seen in a 350 mile radius. I have seen lots for sale in the Northern US but in Ontario or Quebec, I have pretty much only seen $5K+ cars, not parts cars except this gem I got last summer. w00t.gif

Do you still have this car? I would love to buy the darkend windshield Porsche banner from you!!!! I have one of those interior racing mirrors that needs to be hidden from the front. Can you hook me up? My apologies for posting here, your email bounced back as undeliverable.
GWN7
Get a Roadglue banner from Scott Carlberg.
Steve Thacker
WHAAAA,...but I want tracks914's banner!!!!!! Dang it. I feel a temper tantrum or a breath holding coming on!!! LOL
morph
ive allways been a parts car junkie (914)
but they just seem to find me!
i was in portland at a friend house walked to the store to get some ciggs(bad habit)seen a 914 in a drive way walked over to look at it guy cam out and wanted to sell it to me 500.00 then he took me in his back yard and showed me 5 others want to sell them all with alot ! of parts
he also has 4 911s hes keeping the 911s and getting out of 914s havent closed the deal yet
my wife looked at me kinda funny"you just got rid of some " she just dont understand
Joe Bob
Why waste your time on rusty pieces of ....well rust. Shipping is at an all time low, get a NICE roller or wacko.gif even one that runs and play with that????

600 bucks got a car from from coast to coast, last month......
morph
We buy parts cars that are local, and we get lots of good parts for the cars we have, then resell the parts that are left. Sometimes you find some pretty cool stuff on these cars.

Hiedi
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.