Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 9:14 Breakfast Saturday Jan 31 in Santa Clara!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
By popular request...This is the Bay Area alternative event to Dunkels...We have been looking forward to it all winter...so I'll see you there... smile.gif Those who want to drive after are on their own...

IHOP – Santa Clara, CA
Where Highway 280 and Stevens Creek Blvd intersect
What better time than 9:14 am?

SCHEDULE – Bay Area 9:14 Breakfasts 2004

Jan 31 South Bay (San Jose) – Breakfast only

Feb 28 North Bay (Novato) – Breakfast only

Mar 27 East Bay (Pleasanton) – Donuts/Drive

Apr 24 South Bay (San Jose) - Breakfast only

May 29 No event (West Coast Classic is following weekend)

Jun 4-6 Paso Robles - West Coast Classic

Jun 26 East Bay (Pleasanton) - Breakfast only

Jul 31 South Bay (San Jose) – Breakfast only

Aug 28 North Bay (Novato) - Donuts/Drive

Sep 25 East Bay (Pleasanton) - Breakfast only

Oct 30 South Bay (San Jose) - Donuts/Drive

Nov – Holiday Break

Dec – Holiday Break
JeffBowlsby
jkllh
mightyohm
So Jeff, are you going to make us wait until after the breakfast to drive to Dunkles?! It's going to be a busy weekend!!
JeffBowlsby
You know Mueller was going to drive down in the afternoon...maybe a seat is still available in the Vader 911...

rolleyes.gif
madd_dogg_914
I will be there in my BIG A$$ truck. No 914 yet, maybe by the February meet though. Definitely by the March drive.

-Chris
JeffBowlsby
A photo of your truck parked OVER a 914 would be cool indeed Chris... ohmy.gif
Britain Smith
Why are we have the "north" event in Novato? I heard that Brad is moving his shop and everything to Redwood City next to HPH. Maybe we can have the "north" get together there.

-Britain
SirAndy
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Jan 22 2004, 02:06 PM)
Why are we have the "north" event in Novato?  I heard that Brad is moving his shop and everything to Redwood City next to HPH.  Maybe we can have the "north" get together there.

have you been drinking again? you're not making sense. laugh.gif

we are NOT having a breakfast in novato as you can see from the map jeff posted.
this is the traditional south bay Santa Clara location.
close enough to HPH and brad's new home.

so what are you bitchin about? confused24.gif
Andy
madd_dogg_914
Now Andy, if you read the post in detail, you will see that Britain has simply read ahead and seen that the second, or February, 9:14 Breakfast is tennatively scheduled for Navato. I would imagine that because of recent events, it will move, perhaps to HPH for a meet, donuts, and a tour of the facility. (that is my vote anyways.)

-Chris
Mueller
Andy,

I believe Britain was referring to the few breakfasts on the schedual for future dates smile.gif

Stop breathing those chemicals while trying to find your vacuum leak blink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(madd_dogg_914 @ Jan 22 2004, 02:20 PM)
Now Andy, if you read the post in detail, you will see that Britain has simply read ahead and seen that the second, or February, 9:14 Breakfast is tennatively scheduled for Navato.

and how is an old fart like me supposed to read the kidz mind ???

yes, we should have a monthly (or even weekly) get together at HPH with coffee and donuts and all like the 356 crowd does at EASY.

that would be fun plus rich can give away all those old parts he doesn't need anymore. cool.gif

Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jan 22 2004, 02:22 PM)
Stop breathing those chemicals while trying to find your vacuum leak blink.gif

but they make me happy! laugh.gif

(we need a "sniffing" smily)
Andy
madd_dogg_914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 22 2004, 02:24 PM)
that would be fun plus rich can give away all those old parts he doesn't need anymore. cool.gif

Andy

That would be nice. Hey Rich if you're listening . . . laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

-Chris
mightyohm
Does anyone want to caravan to Dunkles on Sat afternoon?
Mueller?

I am staying in Manhattan Beach overnight but I can caravan with people going to Anaheim or greater LA area 90% of the way.
Mueller
Jeff,

I won't be leaving the Bay Area until around 12 in the afternoon on Saturday. I still need to give Andy a call, we might drive down in his 914 as long as he has room for some of my display parts smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jan 22 2004, 03:03 PM)
I still need to give Andy a call, we might drive down in his 914 as long as he has room for some of my display parts smile.gif

how much stuff are we talking about? smile.gif
Mueller
how much stuff are we talking about?

At least one A-arm, one trailing arm and a few bearing kits...........

I hope to have the display done early so that I can drop it off at HPH to have Brad take it down for me, but just in case I run into problems.........
mightyohm
Mueller, Sat noon is what I had in mind. If you guys don't mind I could tag along. Either way is fine. Anyone else?
Britain Smith
Andy...you need to say sorry...old man!

Mueller, let me know if you want to drop those parts off with me...I am going down to LA with Brad and I now live across the street from where you work (880 and Montegue).

-Britain
mightyohm
I get to drive the 914 there if I can fix the gas leak.

we need a flaming smiley.
jonwatts
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 22 2004, 02:24 PM)
yes, we should have a monthly (or even weekly) get together at HPH with coffee and donuts and all like the 356 crowd does at EASY.

I guarantee he would sell a lot more parts if we did this. And don't worry, Rich, you won't have to do anything. We'll get Britain a nice 914 apron and teach him how to make coffee drinks.
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Jan 22 2004, 02:06 PM)
Why are we have the "north" event in Novato?

maybe an ode/olive branch (?) to Randy from RoadGlue?
Britain Smith
Hmmm...not sure if I volunteered for this one. I don't even like coffee.

-Britain
Jenny
You don't have to drink it. Just make and serve it. beer.gif

Jen
JeffBowlsby
Bumpity Bump.

Yes Keith you are invited too!

If anyone wants to bring any 914 item of interest to show and tell…this would be a good event to do it. I will have some/all of my 914 ads from around the world for anyone who’s interested in seeing them.

I plan to get there early so I hope to have the tables pretty much ready to sit down and eat at 9:14….don’t be too late…
fiid
driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif

After the breakfast, I will probably drive up to skyline drive and tear up to 92 - then over to the PCH and up to San Francisco.

If anyone has a more twisty route, I'm game.

Fiid.
Rich Bontempi
Yea! I can give away my parts , as long as someone pays my bills! LOL mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif Bring it on!! We can do donuts and coffee at HPH!!
JeffBowlsby
Last Call! From the sounds of it there will be a good turnout tommorrow...inspite a the few who will be at Dunkels... pray.gif

Come on out, bring something 914 to Show and Tell and lets have some fun... cool.gif
Jenny
jkeyzer, are you going to make it to the breakfast? I'll have Brian bring the WRX and you guys can talk about *other* flat motors. wink.gif

Jen
mightyohm
Well... I was. But now I am getting a ride down to Dunkles with Mueller so I can't make it. sad.gif
Jenny
You guys can't have some pancakes with us before you head out? Lemme give that Müeller a call...

Jen
olav
I'll be there...
krk
I know you need to know this. I'll be there. (sounds like a jackson 5 tune.... )

I was planning on having a 914 there -- but reassembly will happen over
the weekend. Next time for sure!

kim.
Carl
I've got to pass this time. You folks go ahead and finish off the never-ending pancakes. sad.gif

C
krk
QUOTE(krk @ Jan 30 2004, 12:59 PM)
I know you need to know this. I'll be there. (sounds like a jackson 5 tune.... )

More stuff you need to know -- I have to meet Mike up in fremont this morning instead of brekkie.

kim.
JeffBowlsby
For all those who couldn't make it yesterday...we had a great time. 16 people and 6-8 cars if I counted right, including a couple new local 914 guys and...Rich B's daughter Rachael. Rich is weaning her into 914's at a young age...thanks for encouraging the next generation in our obsession Rich!

Next months breakfast may be at a surprise location, different than previously indicated...stay tuned for the upcoming announcement.

Here are some photos to satisfy your hunger...
JeffBowlsby
Keith Sammons Car...this beautiful Saturn Yellow 73 2.0 may be FS soon...
JeffBowlsby
Pat Warren downloading some morsel of wisdom to Rich B...
JeffBowlsby
Dave Darling doing the same....
JeffBowlsby
Paul Smrz LED prototype...w/o lens...
JeffBowlsby
and with lens...
seanery
Looks like fun!
JeffBowlsby
overview
JeffBowlsby
This is the only view most 'Vettes ever see of the Bontempi 'street' machine...
L8Apex
I'm such a rice boy. I really like how slammed Bontempi's car is. I want my car lower than that. Too bad it will handle like sh!it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.