Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 915 clutch linkage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brp986s
I'll be putting in a 915/wevo in my -6 soon. Is the added complication of the ohmega gizmo worth it? Porsche dropped the straight arm for some reason, but wevo makes a doo-dad so that you can use the straight-arm for simplicity's sake.
Jeff Hail
QUOTE(brp986s @ May 28 2008, 10:28 AM) *

I'll be putting in a 915/wevo in my -6 soon. Is the added complication of the ohmega gizmo worth it? Porsche dropped the straight arm for some reason, but wevo makes a doo-dad so that you can use the straight-arm for simplicity's sake.

I would keep the Omega spring- especially on a 914. If you remove the spring the complications will be the clutch cable tube. The spring provides assist. On a 911 you could go with backdating without the spring but has a much stouter cable tube system where as the 914 is already taxed.
GeorgeRud
My car has the straight arm 915 in it, and it's OK as far as clutch effort goes. Porsche discontinued the straight arm after 1974 because of the change in the heat exchanger design, 1975 had a bend at the clutch adjustment point. In 1976 onward, they went with the Omega helper spring. It will make the car easier to drive in day to day traffic, and I would consider updating mine if the parts are available.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.