914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bbrown
Which model # do I need so that the post are on the correct side. Thanks
dr914@autoatlanta.com
a 42
ericread
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 28 2008, 11:21 AM) *

a 42

?? Is this a specific body number or are we playing bingo?

Oops - I thought I was in a different forum subject. A42 is the battery.

My bad... confused24.gif

jetboy
Is there a link to that model? I cant seem to find it on a lot of retail websites. I see 25, 34, 34R, 35, and 75 mostly for red tops. I must be a battery noob.
orthobiz
Straight from Steve Gaglione,

"I though this was pretty well known on this site but I'll repeat.......

if you decide on the Red top, order the 34R. The 34R has the terminals in the correct position for the 914. NSN: 6140 01 475 9357

I'm also told that a lot of people use the group 78 adapter to secure the battery to the tray.

By the way I've always used a regular battery in all my 914's except my race cars but I will probably go with the red top for the M471 car."

The original link...

The adapter is cool...

Paul

Root_Werks
Dudes, don't those things wiegh a ton? Why not get a dry cell? I've been running one in my 914 for almost 2 years. Works great and I can pick it up with one hand (no handle). It weighs I think 20lbs? Super small and like any dry cell, can be mounted anywhere.

Root_Werks
Part number for the one I have is PC925LMJ
Rusty
Steve's words are wisdom, but I doubt the NSN is going to help anyone very much... it's the number the government uses to purchase the item through their supply system.

In the referenced thread, there is debate about a "short life" of an Optima. As the owner of several - if you leave the Optima connected to a car all winter, it's going to be as dead as disco, come spring-time.

The Bumblebee has a clock which is a constant battery drain and doesn't get driven in the winter. It's on the third Optima... because I didn't realize that I was the dumbass that just didn't disconnect the battery cables before winter storage. Once I figured that out - no more battery failures.

My Wrangler has an Optima. After 12 months of storage while I was overseas, it started right up after reconnecting the cables.

They hold a strong charge over time. No acid venting or dripping. You can't go wrong. smile.gif
orthobiz
See the puck adapter here:

PUCK!!!

Paul

orthobiz
Good view of the "R" battery

Looks like the "NSN" number from Steve worked...

Paul
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ May 28 2008, 07:31 PM) *

Dudes, don't those things wiegh a ton? Why not get a dry cell? I've been running one in my 914 for almost 2 years. Works great and I can pick it up with one hand (no handle). It weighs I think 20lbs? Super small and like any dry cell, can be mounted anywhere.

This is the battery to get. I have one on order and hope to get it soon. The read tops are about 50 some odd pounds and these are less than 25. They even crank harder as well.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 28 2008, 08:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ May 28 2008, 07:31 PM) *

This is the battery to get. I have one on order and hope to get it soon. The read tops are about 50 some odd pounds and these are less than 25. They even crank harder as well.

925CCA for the first 5 seconds. 5 seconds is a loooooong time to crank on a car. 20 months and mine still works like it was new. Its life is something like 7 years as well. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.