Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ever seen one of these before?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sk8kat1
ok I am going through my left over teener parts stash and ran across this but have never seen one before I stumbled on it like 3 years ago when I bought it .so I figured would come to you guys for more info .
So.Cal.914
Yup seen them. smile.gif
sk8kat1
Oh and yes it is for sale biggrin.gif santa_smiley.gif
ericread
It's a Rear Deck Stripe.

I win!

unsure.gif
sk8kat1
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ May 28 2008, 10:21 AM) *

Yup seen them. smile.gif

were they common .. were they thought of as just butt ugly and no one wanted them ..
sk8kat1
QUOTE(ericread @ May 28 2008, 10:26 AM) *

It's a Rear Deck Stripe.

I win!

unsure.gif

I obviously have been away too long and didn't word it well enough to ward off the smart ass contigent biggrin.gif

I am looking for for some background or more info on this ..

was it a dealer thing

was it some odd ball after the fact aftermarket thing

was a factory option

it says manfuactured by sparten plastics but distro by VW so I am not sure of its origins

you know the geeky teener background info
Gustl
even the Werks-Rallye-GTs had these stripes (at least at the hood)
rmital
QUOTE(sk8kat1 @ May 28 2008, 02:30 PM) *

I obviously have been away too long and didn't word it well enough to ward off the smart ass contigent biggrin.gif

Last I saw you posting you were selling the teener....did you decide to hold onto it?
ericread
QUOTE(rmital @ May 28 2008, 11:45 AM) *

Last I saw you posting you were selling the teener....did you decide to hold onto it?

Stay on-topic dammit!!! CAN'T YOU TELL BY HIS LAST POST HE IS ABOUT READY TO SNAP???

biggrin.gif
sk8kat1
QUOTE(rmital @ May 28 2008, 10:45 AM) *

sadly no she left me in oct last year ...
sk8kat1
QUOTE(ericread @ May 28 2008, 10:48 AM) *

Stay on-topic dammit!!! CAN'T YOU TELL BY HIS LAST POST HE IS ABOUT READY TO SNAP???

biggrin.gif

me snap ?? blowup.gif noo not me av-943.gif

just sad going through the last of my horde to sell
rmital
QUOTE(ericread @ May 28 2008, 02:48 PM) *

biggrin.gif

I was trying to talk him off the ledge.....but he sold the dam car, so he's already jumped!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Every body with a 914 needs to buy and install this fabulous 914 factory dealer option! They are available in Black and White your choice and easily installed with a little soapy water. If you do not like the stripe they will easily peel off and no damage will be done.
sk8kat1
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 28 2008, 11:13 AM) *

Every body with a 914 needs to buy and install this fabulous 914 factory dealer option! They are available in Black and White your choice and easily installed with a little soapy water. If you do not like the stripe they will easily peel off and no damage will be done.

I love that kind of talk --- so whats it worth and doesn any body want it! biggrin.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
$9.50!
sk8kat1
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 28 2008, 11:21 AM) *

$9.50!

seriously .... dry.gif

wait lemme guess AA sells repros of these don't they , and I will bet they are .....

$ 9.50 av-943.gif
jetboy
AA sells them for 19.50.
sk8kat1
QUOTE(jetboy @ May 28 2008, 12:13 PM) *

AA sells them for 19.50.

aww hell ! well I thought it was cool and possibly hard to find .. well screwed by AA again ... av-943.gif oh well

thanks guys

OH and I it hasn't even been a year since my teener left me and I am looking at rollers to do a suby convertion on already! biggrin.gif
Gustl
you know what ... I just found one on eBay for US$ 19.00 blink.gif

av-943.gif Gustl
sk8kat1
QUOTE(Gustl @ May 28 2008, 12:56 PM) *

you know what ... I just found one on eBay for US$ 19.00 blink.gif

av-943.gif Gustl

yeah mine !!

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
beerchug.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I used to have 2 of them, how i got 2 is a mystery? Any one want 1 . $16.00

including shipping. P.M. me and I'll look . Dave slap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.