Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pictures of a SIX my friend picked up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
My friend came over today and picked up this SIX. It was sitting here right under Paul's, Steve's and mine noses.

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
PeeGreen 914
Wow... that looks sweet piratenanner.gif
Allan
NICE!!! smilie_pokal.gif
URY914
The damn thing was about 2 miles from my house!!!
jsayre914
How much was it ?? hide.gif
Root_Werks
wub.gif
Gint
That is sweet. I still want a white 914. And a /6 at that.
type47
add the VIN...
carr914
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ May 28 2008, 07:28 PM) *

How much was it ?? hide.gif

The ad in the AutoTrader was for $12,000, the 1st caller got it. Supposedly it was sitting at the golf course with a F/S sign before it went to AutoTrader. Doh chair.gif

As Far as the Vin# goes, I will let the the new owner disclose that, but I do know what it is. It is not in the registry.

T.C.

Click to view attachment
TravisNeff
Hold on as I prepare myself for an open mouth response..

nice score!
bcheney
That makes me sick to my stomach. Is it as nice as it looks? UFB!!

Brian
SGB
Zowie! That car is supernice.
championgt1
Did you say 12 grand? Nice!!! pray.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
12K, right? That musta been the downstroke, right? Your friend financed the other 12K, right? Nobody can find a /6 in that apparantly good condition for 12K, right?

Your friend might have just gotten one of the best 914 bargains of late. beerchug.gif

Paul
URY914
I smell something bad.... sad.gif
6freak

yes nice car a true six indeed.rear valance.steering wheel.and euro light are not stock.and wheres the head light pull switch.The rear valance is off a 4 not a six the six`s have a solid valance with a hole for the tailpipe.on the left side. Not sure about the steering wheel.and as far as the lights i suppose it could be a euro spec car ?maybe that explanes the steering wheel?? But hell ya nice car for a super good price .......NICE FIND SHINE HER UP AND BE PROUD..Whats with the Cali plates in Florida??My factory six was the same color!#11 now its guards red ...................good luck with her
Gustl
QUOTE(6freak @ May 29 2008, 04:13 PM) *

The rear valance is off a 4 not a six the six`s have a solid valance with a hole for the tailpipe.on the left side.

that depends on the model year ... early cars have the long version with the hole (/4 + /6) ... MY'72+ have the short version like this car
/4 vs. /6 has a different location of the hole / cut out

bye1.gif Gustl
6freak
QUOTE(Gustl @ May 29 2008, 08:30 AM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ May 29 2008, 04:13 PM) *

The rear valance is off a 4 not a six the six`s have a solid valance with a hole for the tailpipe.on the left side.

that depends on the model year ... early cars have the long version with the hole (/4 + /6) ... MY'72+ have the short version like this car
/4 vs. /6 has a different location of the hole / cut out

bye1.gif Gustl

Theres no mention of the year! when you say the long version do you mean it curls farther under the car.you cant see any of the muffler on mine its a 1970 so i`m guess`n thats the long one. confused24.gif so it could be a later model six with a stock valance
Gustl
sorry, but my english is too bad to express correctly what I was thinking about

here's a photo of a correct rear valance for a 1970+1971 teener

the 1972+ model has the "shorter version" like the white 914-6 above

Gustl
QUOTE(6freak @ May 29 2008, 07:00 PM) *

so it could be a later model six with a stock valance

I don't think so - it's very likely a US-market car (although with Euro-spec rear lights and front flasher lenses) and there was no 914-6 in 1972

so it has to be a 1970 or 1971 car
it seems that the car has the short rear valace to get the GT-style exhaust pipes under it

bye1.gif Gustl
6freak
QUOTE(Gustl @ May 29 2008, 02:24 PM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ May 29 2008, 07:00 PM) *

so it could be a later model six with a stock valance

I don't think so - it's very likely a US-market car (although with Euro-spec rear lights and front flasher lenses) and there was no 914-6 in 1972

so it has to be a 1970 or 1971 car
it seems that the car has the short rear valace to get the GT-style exhaust pipes under it

bye1.gif Gustl

My car is like i said a 70 and the steering wheel is not the same so i dont think its a 70 i dont really know. maybe someone will chime in ..I thought that they made six`s from 70-73? I`m sure someone will set us strait soon! perhaps the owner...............chat with ya soon
Gustl
the steering wheel was the same for all model years - and engine types
this one seems to have a GT-style horn button instead of the standard horn button

the 914-6 was built in model years 1970+1971 for all countries ... 1972 for Europe only

carr914
This is a 1970. 912 Horn Button, Deep 6's, Wrong F & R valances, had a plastic dash-top cover, rear trunk was bare. I think US car with Euro lenses. Had the nicest bumpers I've ever seen and according to my friend it is the best driving (he said like a brand new car) Porsche he has driven (he has 40+, with at least 1 other Six)

T.C.
URY914
It's always fun to pick apart someone elses car.
Gint
I can't for the life of me understand why you guys always do this.

Who cares?

It's a fantastic 914/6 for $12k!!!!!!!!!!!! $12k?!?!?!?! Who cares what isn't factory correct? If I had seen that sitting on the edge of a golf course and priced at $12k I would have bought it in a heartbeat and I already have one!
URY914
Gint,

I drive by the golf course at least three time a week on my way home from work. About three weeks ago I had a friend of mine tell me he saw a "car like yours" at the golf course for sale. I kept looking for it as I drove by and never saw it and thought he must have been wrong. So I blew it off. Now I'm kicking myself. I would have found the money somehow.

Paul
6freak
QUOTE(Gint @ May 30 2008, 07:30 AM) *

Who cares?

It's a fantastic 914/6 for $12k!!!!!!!!!!!! $12k?!?!?!?! Who cares what isn't factory correct? If I had seen that sitting on the edge of a golf course and priced at $12k I would have bought it in a heartbeat and I already have one!

I`m not picking the mans car apart.back the bus up one minute and look at the other thing ive writen about it ....Like nice car,good price,and be proud.I just injoy comparing the cars with others.Thats what we all do when we get a group of cars togather dont we..stuff like i have this on mine but you have that on yours.I thought thats what its all about........anyway have good day
6freak
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 30 2008, 06:42 AM) *

This is a 1970. 912 Horn Button, Deep 6's, Wrong F & R valances, had a plastic dash-top cover, rear trunk was bare. I think US car with Euro lenses. Had the nicest bumpers I've ever seen and according to my friend it is the best driving (he said like a brand new car) Porsche he has driven (he has 40+, with at least 1 other Six)

T.C.

Mr.T.C that is a very nice car for a very good price like ive already said.So it is a 1970 U.S car just like mine.Mine was that very same color #11 off the show room but is presently guards red ( right on) the steering wheel threw me for a loop with the horn button thing but now is see that you can change that to other styles.I actually like the looks of that wheel over my factory wheel. Anyway nice machine be proud.I thought i got the deal of the century but you win buy 2k good on ya mate....can we get more pictures
Gint
QUOTE(6freak @ May 30 2008, 07:54 AM) *

Who cares?

I`m not picking the mans car apart.back the bus up one minute and look at the other thing ive writen about it ....Like nice car,good price,and be proud.I just injoy comparing the cars with others.Thats what we all do when we get a group of cars togather dont we..stuff like i have this on mine but you have that on yours.I thought thats what its all about........anyway have good day

*I* didn't say you were "picking the man's car apart". smile.gif
ericread

Who cares?

I for one really appreciate the critical review this board provides to car postings. I have learned soooooo much from these conversations. It also helps me to understand what direction the PO was taking the car.

I don't see the critical reviews as "picking apart" the car. If the buyer has "buyers remorse" after reading the postings, pleasee contact me. I'll take the car off your hands for $12,000!!!

dw914er
12K, thats a sweet deal!
6freak
QUOTE(Gint @ May 30 2008, 08:52 AM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ May 30 2008, 07:54 AM) *

Who cares?

*I* didn't say you were "picking the man's car apart". smile.gif

Sorry! someone did..my bad ....Im still learn`n how to navigate this computer stuff...But hell yes i 2 would have drop 12k for that.Then i would have 3 factory-6`s in my garage.....................No no ones my Dads
carr914
The only other two shots I have.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

The same style horn button in one of my Six's 9the silver one in the background of pic #2 of my original post. And if I had known about it I would have started a Pictures of a SIX I picked up laugh.gif
T.C.

Click to view attachment

carr914
Sorry heres the other front shot

T.C.

Click to view attachment
URY914
TC,
nice steering wheel condom biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
BTW, the 72 914-6es used the 914-4 steering column, switchgear, and key location--on the right side of the steering column. So it couldn't be a 72--though as we've been told, it's a 70.

That makes sense, as there were something like four times as many 70s made as 71s, so it's more likely that any particular Six would be a 70 than a 71. wink.gif

--DD
SGB
Good bit of info Dave.
Guy's
Really nice for 12K,Looks like a 15k-19k+ car. Any engine shots ??
LvSteveH
QUOTE(914 @ May 30 2008, 11:37 PM) *

Guy's
Really nice for 12K,Looks like a 15k-19k+ car. Any engine shots ??

In this market, more like a $25k to $30k car without too much trouble. Maybe even $35k if it was cleaned up and marketed properly.

I like the deep sixes, they are going for around $2000 for a nice set.
sixnotfour
Buy It Now -ebay 24500. No deep sixes.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=300230283747

reminds me of a green six, I tried to buy.
URY914
Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda.....
LvSteveH
I don't understand taking the deep sixes off. They looked good, presumably didn't rub, and while they would be worth around $1300 more than a standard set of fuchs they are also a nice selling feature.
914Sixer
Looks like the same car that is now for sale on ebay.
carr914
I just talked to my friend, and a member on this board is sending him a check. The new owner has communicated with me and sounds very motivated.

T.C.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jun 3 2008, 05:44 AM) *

I just talked to my friend, and a member on this board is sending him a check. The new owner has communicated with me and sounds very motivated.

T.C.

I don't get it. confused24.gif Did a friend of yours purchase the car then list it on ebay? It's on ebay. WTF.gif
URY914
T.C. has a lot of 914 friends.
KevinP
Looks like the same car to me!! What a profit on that deal.....

KP

carr914
Rick, my friend is a dealer specializing in older 911s. He picked this up for another friend of ours, then purchased it from him(for well more than the $12k) . Then listed it on eBay. Quite a few owners in a matter of 2 weeks, but I feel certain the member that is buying it, will keep & maintain it for years to come.

T.C.
carr914
Member on the board passed on it. It sold on eBay. Another one going to Europe.

T.C.

Vin was #594
Lavanaut
That member would be me. Car ended up not being quite what I was looking for. I'm sure the new owner will enjoy it though.

Thanks for your help with that T.C., I really appreciate it. John seems like a good guy and I hope to be able to work out a deal on another car with him in the future.

In the meantime...the hunt continues! chowtime.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.