Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody have a 3M Body Schutz applicator gun
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jonferns
I'm planning on refinishing my rockers and valances, and i'll be using the 3M Body Schutz to replicate the original texture. I'm a CSOB and prefer not to pay the $60 for the gun that i'll probably only use once or twice. If anyone here has one that they could let me borrow please let me know. I'll cover any costs for shipping. Thanks bye1.gif
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ May 28 2008, 05:17 PM) *

I'm planning on refinishing my rockers and valances, and i'll be using the 3M Body Schutz to replicate the original texture. I'm a CSOB and prefer not to pay the $60 for the gun that i'll probably only use once or twice. If anyone here has one that they could let me borrow please let me know. I'll cover any costs for shipping. Thanks bye1.gif

I had one. I will look tomorrow
jonferns
Thanks!
scrz914
Shipping will be $60. av-943.gif
iamchappy
Someone made one and posted a how to awhile back.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(scrz914 @ May 28 2008, 05:59 PM) *

Shipping will be $60. av-943.gif

abuckthreeeighty
Jeff Hail
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ May 28 2008, 06:17 PM) *

Are you sure you really want to spray Body Shutz on your valance and rockers? 3M BS is an ashalt base and when it gets hot it gets a little gooey. First time you wash your car on a hot day and get within a mile of it with a towel you are going to have lint everywhere forever! Tarred and feathered look.

Go get some Wurth Black Stone Guard in a spray can. It will look better, texture is perfect versus the courser 3M cottage cheese. The stone guard will last longer and you dont need to buy a gun to apply it. Couple of cans should do, run about $40
Lou W
I have one that you can use, not sure what it would cost to ship, let me know if you still need to borrow one. smile.gif

BTW, it works great.

You may want to look at 3M rocker gaurd.
Bartlett 914
You mean one of these?

PM me with your address. I can do UPS.
sww914
practice on a piece of cardboard first, it really helps.
jonferns
You mean one of these?

PM me with your address. I can do UPS.

Mark, that is the exact gun that I need. I sent you PM. Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.