Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: battery light stays on?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JOE M
Does the -b- in the fuel gauge stand for battery or brake? My light stays on and I thought it was the battery. I checked the battery and it is at 12.4 volts when off and only goes up to 12.8 volts when running. Also when I got the car all the wires for all the gauges were hanging off. There were some numbers on the gauge and the wires so I matched them up. I do not have a schematic. My concern is that the oil light is also in this cluster so if that is what is on than I may have some problems. The generator light is on when the key is in the aux position but as soon as I start the engine it goes out. Any thoughts?
Click to view attachment
G e o r g e
QUOTE(JOE M @ May 29 2008, 10:18 AM) *

Does the -b- in the fuel gauge stand for battery or brake? My light stays on and I thought it was the battery. I checked the battery and it is at 12.4 volts when off and only goes up to 12.8 volts when running. Also when I got the car all the wires for all the gauges were hanging off. There were some numbers on the gauge and the wires so I matched them up. I do not have a schematic. My concern is that the oil light is also in this cluster so if that is what is on than I may have some problems. The generator light is on when the key is in the aux position but as soon as I start the engine it goes out. Any thoughts?
Click to view attachment

Brake

you have to reset the switch on your master cylinder to turn it off
JOE M
QUOTE(George H. @ May 29 2008, 09:23 AM) *

QUOTE(JOE M @ May 29 2008, 10:18 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Brake

you have to reset the switch on your master cylinder to turn it off

How do I do that?
purple
you could search the forum, it's been posted MANY times.

the lapuwali classic forum i think has a writeup on this too.
JOE M
will do thanks or I could break the bulb lol. Thanks I just wanted to make sure it was the brake light.
TravisNeff
The "B" is for brake and when working properly it would blink and not be solid red. There are some wiring schematics here and at pelican parts - sounds like you have some wiring to fix.
ericread
I vote for breaking the light. Brakes are for losers anyway!
JOE M
QUOTE(ericread @ May 29 2008, 09:35 AM) *

I vote for breaking the light. Brakes are for losers anyway!

LOL I could probably down shift and use the holes in floor bd`s to put my feet through to stop. Fred and Barney did it for years and never had any problems. All kidding aside I will take a closer look and make sure nothing serious is wrong. The brakes feel good and the master cylinder seems fine but I will take a close look.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.