Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mahle 4-lug wheel dimensions...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BadBrain
Does anyone know what the center hole diameter is supposed to be for 4-lug Mahle's?
Because my wheels have two layers of powder coating and I already had to grind some of the paint away on the inside recess, in order to have them fit on the center rim (front) of the brake disks.
I need new center caps and would like to know if the diameter is actually 2 1/2" (I measured 2 1/4" diameter for my exterior wheel holes).
Thanks in advance,
J.
Cap'n Krusty
If your car is a '73 or newer, the center opening is CRITICAL, as that's what centers the wheel for mounting and balancing. Just sanding or grinding doesn't get it ......
it needs to be machined back to whatever the standard size is.

The Cap'n
BadBrain
Thanks Cap'n, please let me clarify what I am looking for.
There is the inner diameter of a Mahle wheel (shown below):
Click to view attachment

And then there is the outside Diameter of the center hole (shown below), measuring 2 1/4":
Click to view attachment

I understand that the inside is critical as it has to fit on the brake disk rim, but the outside doesn't. (Besides, the hole opening doesn't seem to matter for the rear mount, because there is no rim or anything and it is going to be adjusted per the bolts)
So again, for the front, it was less critical to grind off the paint (not the aluminum) with a precision tool on the inside and the rear didn't need any alteration.
So, I wonder if I will have to find 2 1/4" center caps for the "outside hole" or if this is just because of the paint and it is 2 1/2" in reality?
Thanks,
J.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.