Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Broken clutch pivot ball pin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tango-52
I got the transmission out of the '75 1.8L and discovered why the clutch wouldn't work any more. The ball has snapped off of the pivot pin. The local Porsche dealer says 4 weeks (has to come from Germany) and the Bird Board looks to be the same way. Will call AutoAtlanta in the morning and hope they have one laying around. If not, does anyone know of a substitute part for this? Or have an extra one laying around? It is too small for me to try and weld back together and I really want to get this back on the road. Thanks.
Jax914
can you provide a pic of the broken piece? I might have something laying around..
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(tango-52 @ May 29 2008, 06:06 PM) *

I got the transmission out of the '75 1.8L and discovered why the clutch wouldn't work any more. The ball has snapped off of the pivot pin. The local Porsche dealer says 4 weeks (has to come from Germany) and the Bird Board looks to be the same way. Will call AutoAtlanta in the morning and hope they have one laying around. If not, does anyone know of a substitute part for this? Or have an extra one laying around? It is too small for me to try and weld back together and I really want to get this back on the road. Thanks.

Just went out and pulled one off a spare box. PM me you address and I'll send it to you tomorrow.

Jon
scruz914

Try Pelican. I bought mine from there.

Edit: Or it might have been German Auto Parts. Make sure you get a new retaining plate.

-Jeff
tango-52
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 29 2008, 06:09 PM) *

Just went out and pulled one off a spare box. PM me you address and I'll send it to you tomorrow.

Jon

Thanks, Jon. PM sent.

Jeff, that is the part I thought was broken and Pelican had it. Thanks.
Dr Evil
Anytime you need stuff like this, shoot me a message. I have several for the price of shipping wink.gif To properly install you will need to bevel the tip of a 14mm deep socket.

Another friendly free tip from your local network dark lord, Dr. E happy11.gif
tango-52
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 29 2008, 08:41 PM) *

Anytime you need stuff like this, shoot me a message. I have several for the price of shipping wink.gif To properly install you will need to bevel the tip of a 14mm deep socket.

Thanks for the tip and I'll keep your offer in mind. I really appreciate the great response from you guys on this. It will be good to get this one back on the road so my son can stop driving the 12 MGP Range Rover!
Dr Evil
In the pages linked below are several DIY pages if you want to give it a go yourself. For the 1st gear set AA does have a smoking deal at $525 for teh whole set and gasket kit. I know you are averted to buying from them, but if you call and talk to George you may have better luck.
tango-52
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 29 2008, 08:54 PM) *

In the pages linked below are several DIY pages if you want to give it a go yourself. For the 1st gear set AA does have a smoking deal at $525 for teh whole set and gasket kit. I know you are averted to buying from them, but if you call and talk to George you may have better luck.

Um, this may have gotten posted in the wrong thread. I'm not rebuilding the transmission, just changing the clutch.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 29 2008, 08:41 PM) *

To properly install you will need to bevel the tip of a 14mm deep socket.

crude, but effective ...
biggrin.gif Andy

IPB Image
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 29 2008, 09:41 PM) *

Yeah, figured you would have some, but I don't need the one I am sending. He doesn't even need to pay for shipping wink.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(tango-52 @ May 30 2008, 12:56 AM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 29 2008, 08:54 PM) *

Um, this may have gotten posted in the wrong thread. I'm not rebuilding the transmission, just changing the clutch.

Yup, wrong thread (duh)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.