Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for bolstered A-X seat.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eeyore
I really want to replace the stock (velour reupholstered) driver's seat in my '75 914. My problem with most racing seats is that my arse is very wide, and my upper thigh bones wedge against the sides before my cheeks hit the bottom of the seat.

Any widebody brand / model suggestions?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cloudbuster @ Jan 22 2004, 04:58 PM)
Any widebody brand / model suggestions?

Slim Fast ? laugh.gif

actually, i have a similar problem. can't seem to fit in any of these damm racing seats. never thought my ass was too big, but what do i know.

speak up, you oversized racers, i'd like to hear the options as well,
Andy
URY914
I ran my stock seat for years but I took the ass-pad out. You sit lower so the CG of your bootyshake.gif is lower.

Now I have an aluminum seat.

Paul
r_towle
Seems like if you want a seat that fits our wide butts, you have to remove the middle hump in the backpad and customise that part.

The one thing I have been toying with is redoing a stock seat with wide ass bolsters...

I am thinking of making up fiberglass sides, epoxy them to the stripped shell, add foam and upolstery....similar to renegade hybrids seat and the old konig seat, but built for a wider person...

R
Aaron Cox
the konig looks like astock seat with HUGE bolssters right?
URY914
I have found it much easier to build a lightweight car than it is to build a lightweight driver.

Same is true with wide seats and wide drivers.

Paul
seanery
Kirkey has several sizes. IO Port racing will get the right size for your butt. They have instructions for measurement and will talk to you about it when ordering. I think that's the only way to fly unless you're 5'7" 155 lbs.
IOPort Racing
Andyrew
The nex seat I have works great for me, and it works great for my dad. But it has many mucho problems with it.. like how it mounts, and how it gets in the way of stuff. But my dad fits.. If it was pure race 914, and you didnt want to adjust it, mounting it to the floor would work.. If we had a 914 event in modesto I could show you guys.... BUT NOOOO

Andrew
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.