Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Metal Hinge Roller
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kansas 914
I know they exist - but I can't find the source.

I need to replace the nylon trunk hinge rollers and I want the metal or bronze replacements.

I also need the shoulder bolt for one side.

Who has those - I tried searching (Google and 914World) but came up blank.

Thanks in advance!
SLITS
I'm sure I have a pair ..... Send me a PM with your address in Airplane City.

I don't do rollers anymore ... I install the gas shocks and ditch the stupid torsion bars.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have 326 of them in stock from the old MID AMERICA/TWEEKS inventory. ten bucks for a set of two.
wertygrog
pelican parts also has them under their Misc. catagory.
rhodyguy
fwi. swapping them out is simple. open the trunk, slide a 7 or 8mm deepwell socket (i forget which, and 1/4" drive ones work great) over the bar end on the roller. use a long exstension to lever it down,while holding the end down slide the roller on. DON'T release any of the hardware retaining the spring rods.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 1 2008, 07:56 AM) *

fwi. swapping them out is simple. open the trunk, slide a 7 or 8mm deepwell socket (i forget which, and 1/4" drive ones work great) over the bar end on the roller. use a long exstension to lever it down,while holding the end down slide the roller on. DON'T release any of the hardware retaining the spring rods.

Thanks for the hint - I was going to notch the handle of my cresent wrench...

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=39320

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.