Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Going to Orlando
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
I'm getting dragged to Disney for a week and feel I will have 914 withdrawls. (and maybe family overload)
Is there anything in that area, stores, meets, auctions, etc. that is worth looking up?
URY914
Go see Karl.
Zotz Garage.
Take a hour drive to Daytona to see the Speedway.
Alex Job Racing north of O.

Paul
tracks914
Already been to see the "big race". The 500 was OK but it was the worst track I have ever been to for watching a race. Indy was almost as bad.
What is Zots Garage?
GWN7
There's "Racerock" (or whatever it's called) resturant along the strip. You can't miss it, there is a lifted 4 X 4 on the sign post on the strip side. Has a lot of racing stuff and racing type games for after dinner. Great chicken soup too. smile.gif My son liked it....the soup came with a whole leg.
redshift
Stay at home!

M
tracks914
QUOTE(redshift @ Jan 22 2004, 06:33 PM)
Stay at home!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
That's what I want to do, go sledding, skiing and all that fun winter stuff (or just work on my car for a week) but nnnoooo I have to take the clan to Disney wacko.gif
Rouser
Go see Karl.

I agree. I've heard he has the BEST collection of new and immaculately restored 914 body & parts in the South, museum quality, and all on display in an excellent climate-controlled environment.

Better hustle though; rumor has it entry gate prices might be going up! That, or the parts are merging into a 914-6 GT clone. Can't say which one will occur first. laugh.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Rouser @ Jan 22 2004, 08:07 PM)
Go see Karl.

I agree. I've heard he has the BEST collection of new and immaculately restored 914 body & parts in the South, museum quality, and all on display in an excellent climate-controlled environment.

laugh.gif
iamchappy
I am going to Orlando next week. I will be at the PGA merchandise show from the 28th -the 1st.
URY914
Zotz's is a garage that has been racing 914's for 20 years. They run them in the 24hrs and Sebring. They're building Karl's engine.

Paul
Qarl
You raaannggggg......

Zotz opened a new race shop. I haven't been there yet. Just for Porsche racing. The regular Zotz shop is really just a repair shop.

Not much Porsche related here in Orlando. If you want to trek two hours north to Jacksonville, you can go to Brumos, meet Hurley Heywood, and see some nice 914-6 GTs.

Not much to see with my car. Engine and tranny are in one location. Body in another. My parts are in my living room (half in boxes) as we are packing to move.
iamchappy
What about meeting up for a dinner and a few beers.
Qarl
I can do that. PM me and I'll send you my phone numbers.

IamChappy. Did you send me a message about being here for a PGA tournament? Sorry I haven't responded.
URY914
You could drive to Jax to see the Bromus dealer showroom but they don't let common folk in the race shop. "Closed to the Public"

Maybe if you buy a new Turbo and they would

Paul
maf914
The Brumos racing team will be in Daytona next week for the 24Hrs, doing their best not to get spanked by the Chevy and Lexus powered DSP teams! laugh.gif

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.